A photo-whoring session with my truck....(56k...go rake some leaves)

KONA BLUES

HORSEPOWER JUNKIE
Established Member
I am happy to report that I am no longer stock....:banana: .

My truck is still weak and slow compared to most of you on this board....but my modding revolution has officially begun....:D

I have installed the following items (with help and thanks to fellow member...:bowdown: LightningMedic:bowdown: ....who happens to be one of the coolest guys I know..:rockon: )......4# lower/LFPVB/Bassani Cat-back/E-Fan/Intercooler tank relocated to bed/LFP powerstack filter/Predator canned tune/2in shackles/Hotchkis springs/Street Scene speed grille/Lakewood T-bars (not yet installed)

For the newbs out there who are debating on what to do....get a VB (valve body) of some kind and at least a 4#'er. You will not believe what a difference this will make. It is kinda like the AD campaign from back in the 90's....This is your brain on drugs....

This is your truck stock....................:rollseyes

This is your truck on a 4#'er/VB...:rolling: :banana: :rockon: :pepper: :burnout: :thumbsup:

Well back to the subject of the thread....I finally got around to taking some updated shots of my truck....many of them I have floating around are not a true representation of the truck in its present condition.

:rolling: ..ENJOY..:rolling:

gig01ald4.jpg

gig02aps7.jpg

gig03ahk6.jpg

gig04acc6.jpg

gig06aws8.jpg

gig05atq1.jpg

gig07auv2.jpg

gig08ahi4.jpg

gigth4.jpg

gig10ass2.jpg

gig09agn0.jpg

gig11avb5.jpg

Truck shortly after purchase....

l002a0qe.jpg

Truck as she sits today....

gig06aws8.jpg

Thanks to Cheyenne (LightningMedic) for his friendship, help and knowledge....:beer:

Dorf

fuelonempty

حمدالله على نعمة العقل...
Established Member
Man that thing looks great!! boy does it look great with the drop...

so you put in a FTVB? I have one sitting in my room, I've been nerveous about putting it in with all the mixed responses about how good it is. How smooth is it at low rpms?

I think you should totally invest into some clear corners :) Hope you dont mind that I put the second one down as my wallpaper.

LightningMAS

Banned
fuelonempty said:
Man that thing looks great!! boy does it look great with the drop...

so you put in a FTVB? I have one sitting in my room, I've been nerveous about putting it in with all the mixed responses about how good it is. How smooth is it at low rpms?

I think you should totally invest into some clear corners :) Hope you dont mind that I put the second one down as my wallpaper.

if i had to start over on the mods again.. my first choice would be FTVB...

its fricking ROCKS!!!

FleeMan

Established Member
Premium Member
Very clean truck bro. And great choice in mods. And like "FuelOnEmpty" said, get some clear corners bro, they'll make your truck even nicer.

KONA BLUES

HORSEPOWER JUNKIE
Established Member
fuelonempty said:

The VB at low rpms is really not very noticeable....the presence of the shift is felt but not much firmer than stock. Before the 4#'er the truck would not bark the tires during shifts....but now the rearend will get loose on the 1-2 shift....it is AWESOME!!!!

I am with you on the corners...it has taken me some time to get to this point...but I will be getting some in the future.

And as far as the wallpaper goes....I owe RonsBolt and many others apologies for using their trucks as my wallpaper....Glad I could help you in that area....I have high resolution pics of all the ones listed above....I can email you that one if you want it. I resized them to better fit the forum....let me know if you want it.

Thanks to everyone else for the compliments!!!

PhLoBuS

JDM/KB Lightning
Established Member
Lightning's body and stance just looks amazing you could have a brown and pink one and it would still look priceless.

Skoalman

Banned
LightningMAS said:
very mice man.. White= the best!

My thoughts exactly.
It looks great, white is my favorite Lightning colour.

(Well, the Hondas in my sig were both white too, basically i think it's just the best color for your vehicle).

DarkShadow Drew

Boost Addicted
Established Member
Truck looks great, its nice to hear that those mods make a big difference. My truck goes under construction this winter and I can't wait.

mhays26

Whats that sound?
Established Member
Good to see some of those mods being passed down through the generations. Couple of them looked pretty damn familiar. Did you guys get the jumper for the I/C figured out? From the 10th tee box, I did the best I could to explain to him which one it was.

KONA BLUES

HORSEPOWER JUNKIE
Established Member
mhays26 said:
Good to see some of those mods being passed down through the generations. Couple of them looked pretty damn familiar. Did you guys get the jumper for the I/C figured out? From the 10th tee box, I did the best I could to explain to him which one it was.

Yeah....I guess I need to thank you as well, seeing how most of these parts were yours to begin with, eh?

No we did not get the I/C figured out. We ended up busting 2 of the relays in the process....but we will get it worked out. I ran out of time that day....and as usual with my projects....nothing ever works out according to plan.

Dorf

mhays26

Whats that sound?
Established Member
Gigawatt said:
Yeah....I guess I need to thank you as well, seeing how most of these parts were yours to begin with, eh?

No we did not get the I/C figured out. We ended up busting 2 of the relays in the process....but we will get it worked out. I ran out of time that day....and as usual with my projects....nothing ever works out according to plan.

Dorf

Here, I found these, I knew I had them somewhere

intercooler1.jpg

intercooler21.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread