8:20 pm
60 ft: 1.576
1/8: [email protected]
1/4: [email protected]

9:20pm
60 ft: 1.565

The whole time the transmission was not shifting right. the 1/2 would hang and hit the limiter, the 2/3 was spot on. So I switched to an older tune and got this

10:14pm
60 ft: 1.534

after this run, the truck had a slight miss, so i pulled the 2 suspect plugs and they still looked good. i buttoned it up and decided to give it one more try

10:42pm
60 ft: 1.516
1/4: 10.768@ 125.46

Both of the last runs the 1/2 got stuck in the rev limiter and on the last run, the 2/3 also hit the rev limiter and about the 1000 ft mark. sputtered badly, You can see that in the MPH drop off. Well, I got back to the trailer and turned the truck off. When i restarted it, it still had the sputter and was blowing steam from the tail and the passenger side (one with the bad head) didnt sound right Got it back to the shop, started it to get off the trailer and put my hand in front of the exhaust and got misted with coolant. probably lifted a head. no big deal really. I already knew this was the motors last night of racing, this just makes sure i know that LOL. Im not exactly sure whats going on with the transmission, BUT I plan on calling BTS and might be sending the unit back to him. It has always run to hot 190-200 and has never seemed to shift properly. We redid the tune and input the roll out figures from hoosier and it changed nothing, then i loaded a tune that had an early 2/3 shift, and it hit the rev limiter hard on the 2/3. Oh and by this time, The Icey res was getting overtaken by heat. Water wasnt hot, but it wasnt anywhere near as cold when i gave it a 40 minute cool down. The last 2 runs were easily low 10 sec passes. 10.73 and hitting the limmter and hanging 2 shifts. From the borascope, looks like the top ring is visible, but that cylinder still has 150# compression

Last edited:

Screaming01L

Go Fast or Go Home
Established Member
Sorry to hear the motor is hurt. Whats in the works? New heads, or are you going to do more than that?

Im trying to get TEA to give me a break on doing another head (CNC) that doesnt need repair. My old head had repairs done around the plug hole on #1 and #3 and those are the 2 plugs that kept melting. All the others were perfect. The motor is already 30 over, so If it cant be flash honned, I have another block sitting in the wings. basically, I have everyhting I need for another motor, so the cost wont be to painful. The tune was spot on. Plugs (other 6) looked perfect. And for a while, the motor ran, but only as long as my ICfluid temps were in the 60's, anything over 120 iac2 and those 2 plugs melted right off.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread