A new ride for the wife

B-O-B'03

Established Member
We picked this beauty up 2 weeks ago, for the wife.

2013 F150 Platinum; 5.0, 3.55 E-locker, moon roof, spray in bed liner, tailgate step, tint, wheel well liners. It has more features than my father in-laws Cadillac.

We are loving it.

-Brian

2013f150.jpg

Dang, realized after I clicked submit that I was in roadside, please move to pics & vids

Last edited:

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
That's nice! I tried to talk my wife into a new Ecoboost F150 and then I would sell my Powerstroke, but she ended up with a new Explorer Sport. I not complaing though lol.

B-O-B'03

Established Member
That's nice! I tried to talk my wife into a new Ecoboost F150 and then I would sell my Powerstroke, but she ended up with a new Explorer Sport. I not complaing though lol.

Guess it will be up to you to get the new 150 :-D

She has been wanting a pickup for a long time, we have a 1997 E150 conversion van that we bought new in 1997 and she hated driving it.

She also has a '99 Mustang GT convertible, that will become my wet weather car

A few friends have gotten F150s with the Ecoboost and they are not all that happy with the mileage so I decided to go with the 5.0.

I am amazed at the niceties that truck has in it, makes the E150 look like the Flintstone Mobile. It was a good deal too, about what I paid for my Cobra almost 11 years ago :dw:

-Brian

randg4603

Established Member
Nice truck!! I also went with the 5.0 when I bought my 2012; haven't regretted it yet!!

Your first must do mods are:
-Level kit (2.5" front & 1" rear)
-Tint match front windows to back
-Nice set of 35" A/T's
-Ditch the nasty stock taillights!! I went with these:
IMAG0865_zps7c90d455.jpg

ramairfreak98ss

Established Member
Nice! We've got a bunch of ford trucks for the business :)

The girls new car is a 09 G8 GT... won't sell anything and i refuse to finance anything but a house, so until i've got money falling out of my bank accounts, there won't be any 2013 F350 diesel lariat ultimates for $60k+ for her until i find a nice used one for $40k or under :p

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
Guess it will be up to you to get the new 150 :-D

She has been wanting a pickup for a long time, we have a 1997 E150 conversion van that we bought new in 1997 and she hated driving it.

She also has a '99 Mustang GT convertible, that will become my wet weather car

A few friends have gotten F150s with the Ecoboost and they are not all that happy with the mileage so I decided to go with the 5.0

I am amazed at the niceties that truck has in it, makes the E150 look like the Flintstone Mobile. It was a good deal too, about what I paid for my Cobra almost 11 years ago :dw:

-Brian
I wasn't happy with the mileage in my 08 FX/4 with the 5.4, it was 13mpg at best. I've read that the F150 Ecoboosts aren't getting the mileage they were expected to, two fill-ups on the Explorer so far are 20.8 and 19.1mpg in mixed driving....

Last edited:

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Nice but dos wheel drive? Come on man. :)

verbal

Established Member
I'm so jealous. I wish I held out for a Platinum. My wife started driving my truck recently and loves it. I am scared she will take out half our neighborhood though.

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
Looks awesome dude. I absolutely love the new F150's. My dad got a 2012 last year and it is an amazing truck. I am thinking about getting him an appointment for tint put on it for Fathers Day. My favorite part about his truck, the steering. Holy hell it's soooooooooo much better than my GT, I can just one finger steer that truck, no way I'm doing that in my car. If I had to get a new truck, I'd get a white FX4.

Good luck with the truck, it looks really good!

Users who are viewing this thread