A Little Wisdom.

sub92loyill

short was never this wide
Established Member
"Fill your bowl to the brim and it will spill. Keep sharpening your knife and it will blunt. Chase after money and security and your heart will never unclench. Care about other people's approval and you will be their prisoner. Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity."

- Lao-Tse

I really like this quote. It's one of the very few quotes that actually makes me feel peaceful but confident in my ability. Right now I'm thinking about it as it relates to me dealing with people.

Hope you can use it to your benefit.

CBrowning84

Established Member
A little wisdom goes a long way! Thanks for the inspiration.

To me, to sum it up, it pretty much says be happy with what you have.

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
It took me 40 years to realize how true this is.

Jim Snover

"Fill your bowl to the brim and it will spill. Keep sharpening your knife and it will blunt. Chase after money and security and your heart will never unclench. Care about other people's approval and you will be their prisoner. Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity."

- Lao-Tse

I really like this quote. It's one of the very few quotes that actually makes me feel peaceful but confident in my ability. Right now I'm thinking about it as it relates to me dealing with people.

Hope you can use it to your benefit.

sub92loyill

short was never this wide
Established Member
^^^ Even though I don't know you personally, you post the most intelligent replies around this place, so I appreciate the comment!

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
I thought saying "it took 40 years to learn" was a dead giveaway: I ain't that smart.

Thanks, though.

Jim Snover

^^^ Even though I don't know you personally, you post the most intelligent replies around this place, so I appreciate the comment!

thats because he is Sir James Snover

mellor_21

Established Member
thats one of my favorites! haha i love quotes, quoteworld.com has thousands of great ones. einstein's, jefferson's, edison's, are all very very good. even hitler had some good ones.

and snover, you're a genius get over yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread