A little SVTF action

J_Kane

Established Member
The other night I was stopped at a red light with about a 1/4 mile to the freeway entrance.

I look into my driver side mirror and I see a ~06 Red GTO 6.0 rolling right on up. I look at the opposite light and see it is yellow, so with the intent that he is going to roll the stop, I get ready to possibly engage.

I test the waters with a little throttle and he takes the hint and off we go. I stayed dead even with him the whole way untill we both needed to brake. I was hoping he was going to take the highway, but he continued straight.

I'm proud of my little SVTF. Granted I have a Powerworks Supercharger that helped a bit .... Around 250 FWHP @ 2680 Lbs

------------------------

My uncle also owned a 2002 Saleen Mustang S/C. One day we did a 40 MPH roll on the highway and I stayed dead even, maybe a hair ahead until we both braked at about 120 MPH. I couldn't even hear during that run because his blower was right in my ear!

Good times with my Focus. Gets me to work, through the winter, and still a lot of fun!

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
Good run. I can believe it happened because of your weight compared to his, and I'd guess he was stock or just had one or two bolt ons. Are you sure it was an LS2 and not an LS1 GTO?

J_Kane

Established Member
I think LS2? I'm not too familiar with the cars, but I know it had the 2 hood scoops.

J_Kane

Established Member
Sure!

Powerworks Supercharged/Intercooled ~8PSI .. Tuned by Tom, who is very reputable for tuning these cars.

Borla Exhaust

Misc weight reduction.

Michelin Pilot SuperSports - 225/45/17

Other than that, just cosmetic stuff. I would love to get a LSD. It would benefit in traction and in AutoX.

Here is a under-hood pic:

20121013_163305.jpg

J_Kane

Established Member
I need to put a blower on my focus......

after all the fixes.

It is a whole different car with some boost. My friend has a turbo on his SVTF with about 300 whp and it moves out.

I love these cars, best bang for the buck IMO. I'm probably going to put mine up for sale soon and it will be sad to see it go.

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
It is a whole different car with some boost. My friend has a turbo on his SVTF with about 300 whp and it moves out.

I love these cars, best bang for the buck IMO. I'm probably going to put mine up for sale soon and it will be sad to see it go.

Tough to take the best bang for the buck title from a C6Z06? But FI is a wondrous thing

J_Kane

Established Member
Tough to take the best bang for the buck title from a C6Z06? But FI is a wondrous thing

That's a great car, but I'm referring to the car as a car that can get me 40 miles to work a day, drive through snow storms, do AutoX events and be damn competitive, pretty quick in a straight line, 5 seats and enough room in the hatch to put a small block. All for under $6K. Can't beat that!

Users who are viewing this thread