A little project my dad and I are getting ourselves into... PICS INSIDE

Sklander

Established Member
So we have this 1995 Mustang GT just sitting there. It has 120,000 miles and runs like a raped ape, but its time to upgrade everything...

Motor is a 347 all forged internals built by Coast High Performance. The block is good to around 800HP. The cam was custom ground by Ed Curtis at Flow Tech Induction out of New Jersey.

Those (http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/tmmcgoey/detail?.dir=c707&.dnm=2626re2.jpg&.src=ph) are Air Flow Research 205 heads with titanium valves and retainers. An Edelbrock RPM II Performer intake sits on top. We are still throwing around ideas on injectors, MAF, and throttle body. Oh, and I am gonna throw at least a 100 shot of squeeze on it, but sometime down the line.

We are have plans of putting a Tremec TKO500 transmission in it, but haven't decided on a clutch. ***Suggests needed please on what kind if clutch to run in this thing*** I know this has been asked by many but I would really love to put a 6 speed in this car. If I can go out and get a Cobra 6 speed would it handle the power of this motor? I think I have seen some t56's on eBay for real cheap. What do y'all think?

My neighbor is an airplane mechanic and has every tool you've never heard of and is going to help tremendously with this project. He has a buddy who does built Ford 9" rear ends. I am thinking a four-link suspension with a set of 4.10s, and of course I want the car low to the ground so lowering springs, shocks, et cetera. Suggests on what kind of gearing to run anyone? Experiences? I am quite new to this and want to get it right the first time.

Let me know what you think.

Here is the link: http://photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos

Last edited:

Aerosi665

Daily Driver
Established Member
I wouldnt recommend anything higher then a 3.73 gear because if you're going to be running anything close to 500hp then that 1st gear is going to be totally useless with 4.10's.

Users who are viewing this thread