A little help here...

TurboSnake

Established Member
I was tooling to work on my Suzuki Hayabusa,when I got tagged by a Cop with a laser at 93 mph in a 55 zone,well I pulled over and the Officer was really into the bike and wrote me for 65 in a 55,but the speed limit was 65 mph,what can be done about him writing the wrong speed zone on the citation?
BTW he wrote and circled 93 on the cite.
:-?

SweetSVT99

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
If he only "wrote" you for 65 in a 55, I would pay it and go about my business. LOL Especially if he wrote 93 on there. If you go to court the judge is probably going to see that and either laugh at you, or get you for the 93mph... Just my opinion.

hillie16

Stand Silent in Flames
Established Member
Originally posted by TurboSnake
I was tooling to work on my Suzuki Hayabusa,when I got tagged by a Cop with a laser at 93 mph in a 55 zone,

but the speed limit was 65 mph

Wait a minute...uh...I don't get it. How was the speed limit 65 in a ss mph zone?

aj0538

Established Member
In my jurisdiction they would probably call in the officer for a trial and he would testify to the 93. The ticket can be dismissed and a formal accusation can be written up with the correct violation plus any other charges ( reckless driving for excessive speed).

Also, the cop will probably think twice before ever giving anyone else a break on speed.

A similar situation happened with me. I wrote the wrong code section on a ticket and also wrote a seperate warning ticket for a no proof of insurance on person. The Johnny Cochran wanna be came in telling the judge about the law and ended up with the accusation and several hundred dollars in fines including a no proof of insurance conviction.

you got a break. I think Ginsu will back me up and tell you that in our jurisdiction you would probably have ended up in jail with your bike impounded.

LIGHTNINROD

Established Member
Turbo:

"tooling to work"----"93 mph in a 55 mph zone"--that's 'criminal' or it should be--I don't care how good a driver you're going to claim to be!

Dan

TurboSnake

Established Member
Re: Turbo:

Originally posted by LIGHTNINROD
"tooling to work"----"93 mph in a 55 mph zone"--that's 'criminal' or it should be--I don't care how good a driver you're going to claim to be!

Dan

Whoever you are,I did not come here to be judged by you.

Now back to the story:Believe me I stopped out of the kindness of my heart,the cop did not even know where I was at,I actually had to wait for him,maybe thats why he called himself giving me a break,the bottom line is he wrote the cite for the wrong speed zone,I was in a 65 mph zone not a 55 mph zone.

Last edited by a moderator:

hillie16

Stand Silent in Flames
Established Member
Keep the flames in Smack down, guys.

the bottom line is he wrote the cite for the wrong speed zone,I was in a 65 mph zone not a 55 mph zone.

The bottom line IS that you were doing 30 mph over the speed limit, by your own admission. In PA I could have taken your license right there on the spot, and had your bike impounded, and taken you for arraignment.

Either way 10 mph over, be it 75 in a 65 or 65 on a 55, the fine will be the same, he is giving you a break. I suggest you don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

Last edited:

TurboSnake

Established Member
This is my weapon of choice.
SP14117.jpg

I have been in excess of 190 mph on this bike on I-275 at 3 in the morning,I have blown by Mich. State Troopers at these times and never had a problem,(you can't report what you can't see),we do our top end runs between 1 am and 3 am because of the lack of traffic,so far as that measly traffic cite is concerned,as long as I don't get the points I'm cool with it,BTW I have a perfect driving record and I'm quite sure the Judge will take that into account.

hillie16

Stand Silent in Flames
Established Member
And these are our weapons of choice
inter4.jpg

Eagle1.gif

190 mph is not safe anywhere but on a track. One day, something will happen to make you realize it. Whether it happens to you , or someone you know. It will happen.

TurboSnake

Established Member
"Radio,this is 6-1,the last I saw the suspect he was traveling North on 275 at a high rate of speed,NO,I do not have a visual!"

I've played the LE game before also,you can't report what you can't see,I don't care if you are using a NORAD satellite system.

Good luck to you hillie,and stay safe out there!
II-)

Blackgeetee

Established Member
I'll give you credit, I don't think I could go 190mph on just two wheels. It'd be scary enough for me doing it on four....

Anyway, my brother had a really good friend with a bike similar to that (nice bike by the way). He was a very good driver. He never had accidents, tickets, etc. He was a very smart guy. One night when he was doing well over 100mph with a few friends following him, a deer started to cross the road right in front of him. He had to veer to miss the deer and went off the road and took out a telephone pole. He was dead on impact. Horrible sight for his friends who were there....

So be careful out there man, police officers aren't the only thing to worry about.

aj0538

Established Member
one of our camaro's chased one and lost him--until they came to the railroad crossing the guy on the bike apparently didn't know about. He augered in to the opposite side embankment after catching some massive air at the tracks. He was wearing a t-shirt, shorts and a helmet. (not the sharpest tool in the shed). He was very lucky. He only broke his left ankle and had the worst road rash I have ever seen. He had a good size chunk of flesh missing from his left ankle and his bike was totalled.

He said this was the third time he ran from the police and that he got away the other 2 times.

He lost his license for 1 year and faces over 2,000 in fines (eluding officer, reckless driving etc.) not including laywer costs. He also lost the bike and the insurance company is not going to cover the loss because of the conditions of the wreck. I don't imagine it will be easy to get insurance again either.

Its like street racing or anything else you knowingly do thats illegal. You throw the dice and hope you don't roll snake eyes. I'm not being judgemental because I have been guilty of this in the past to, but with the responsibility of having a family and a secure job I have learned to slow down a little.

TurboSnake

Established Member
Originally posted by Blackgeetee
So be careful out there man, police officers aren't the only thing to worry about.

Police officer,no worry.
Deer,now thats another story,the place where we do our top end runs is devoid of deer,but in a deer infested area I would not make top end charges,my bike does not take long to acheive 190 mph,and we don't sustain that kind of terminal velocity for long periods of time.

Ginsu

Established Member
Originally posted by aj0538
In my jurisdiction they would probably call in the officer for a trial and he would testify to the 93. The ticket can be dismissed and a formal accusation can be written up with the correct violation plus any other charges ( reckless driving for excessive speed).

Also, the cop will probably think twice before ever giving anyone else a break on speed.

A similar situation happened with me. I wrote the wrong code section on a ticket and also wrote a seperate warning ticket for a no proof of insurance on person. The Johnny Cochran wanna be came in telling the judge about the law and ended up with the accusation and several hundred dollars in fines including a no proof of insurance conviction.

you got a break. I think Ginsu will back me up and tell you that in our jurisdiction you would probably have ended up in jail with your bike impounded.

That is no joke!!! LOL! We pop people all the time that say that they screwwed up when they come to Cobb Co to commit what ever crime they did. Because most don't ever leave! A few months ago one of the guys on my shift snagged some mutt (can't remember for what) and he said he know he was flucked! The other surrounding counties would have just given him a slap on the wrist!

aj0538

Established Member
My partner was on a case and heard a judge on the stand talking to a defendent. She asked how he could have only served 2 months for his 3rd burglary conviction in Fulton. He said that was what they did in Fulton -- The judge said "Welcome to Cobb, bond denied" and rapped the gavel. / in my best nelson from the simpsons voice HAHAA

COBRA90GT

The Joe is rockin'
Established Member
Damn....190 on 275....omfg...you've gotta be crazy....lol MSP has really been cracking down lately on 275, mostly cuz of the lame noise complaints that Livonia residents between 5 and 8 mile (the concrete surface, as I'm sure you heard). Too much road noise for the locals I guess...:-?

COBRA90GT

The Joe is rockin'
Established Member
Between 1 and 3 am I-275 is like a autobahn,very smooth and straight,and it runs all the way to Ohio.

-But technically, I-275 (yes, there is a 275 here in MI too ;) ) merges into I-75 (southbound of course), and it is I-75 that leads you into OH, not 275... ;) US 23 runs N and S, into and out of OH as well, directly though. Are you sure you weren't confusing that with 275?

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
Originally posted by Ripper
I always thoguht I-275 just looped around cincinnati.. :-? :-? There is an i 275 in michigan?

i think there are a few I275's. i think there is one down somewhere near orlando also. we have two I265's right across the river from each other over here, but maybe they had initially wanted to connect them when they came up with the names.

Users who are viewing this thread