A little help finding a shop

M240Bravo

Established Member
Had a shop build me a motor. Long story short, they messed up the head and won't do anything to fix it.

It's a aluminum head, I need to find a shop that will pull the helcoil out and weld the hole and drill it out for the spark plug.

If anyone can give me some leads on a place that can do it, please post a link or name and number of a shop.

thanks
IMG_1427.JPG
IMG_1426.JPG

08mojo

Established Member
Is that a 4.3L Gm v6 head? Unless you've had a lot of other work done (looks like larger valves), you'd be better off getting a new casting. That crack looks like it goes into the valve seat. Not sure if it would be cheaper to repair, or just do the work to new castings.

M240Bravo

Established Member
Is that a 4.3L Gm v6 head? Unless you've had a lot of other work done (looks like larger valves), you'd be better off getting a new casting. That crack looks like it goes into the valve seat. Not sure if it would be cheaper to repair, or just do the work to new castings.

Its a buick GN head. And the crack doesn't go into the valve sit.

Where is the head at?

In Texas but I will ship it, weight ain't bad on it.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I'd call Texas Speed
512-863-0900

They're a newer model LS shop, but if they cannot fix it, they can certainly steer you in the right direction.

They are great guys, would also try west side machine in Houston. I have used both TSP and West Side, nothing but good things to say about both.

Users who are viewing this thread