A little 2.8 bs 3.4 discussion

kbturbo

Established Member
I'm just looking for a few pros and cons from a few different people on these blowers. Also, post up your power at what boost if you have either. Thanks guys!!!

2FNFAST

Shinin' and Whinin'
Established Member
It's been beat to death. Pic whichever one looks better to you... Either will have more than enough potential for whatever you want out of it unless you need 1000 rwhp.

I went with the 3.4, just got here today.

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
Either will do what you need it to do. I have a KB 2.8H right now. It makes 723whp on a MMR Bottom end, Stock head/stock cams, 27psi on C-16.

I have seen 3.4's make the same amount of power on the same boost on some good octane and timing thrown at them. Whipple 3.4's seem to run quicker/faster as a whole. There is a guy on modfords who just ran 9.08@149 on a stock longblock 03 Cobra, non crusher 3.4, 25psi e85, c4 with brake, 9". Car weighs 3425 with driver. You can make your assumptions there.

Keep in mind when you spinning these blowers at these boost levels its pretty much worthless on the street due to the heat the generate. Bottom line, unless your using it for a peak HP/race style application I think either blower is a winner. You cant go wrong.

evil04svtcobra

Established Member
Either will do what you need it to do. I have a KB 2.8H right now. It makes 723whp on a MMR Bottom end, Stock head/stock cams, 27psi on C-16.

I have seen 3.4's make the same amount of power on the same boost on some good octane and timing thrown at them. Whipple 3.4's seem to run quicker/faster as a whole. There is a guy on modfords who just ran 9.08@149 on a stock longblock 03 Cobra, non crusher 3.4, 25psi e85, c4 with brake, 9". Car weighs 3425 with driver. You can make your assumptions there.

Keep in mind when you spinning these blowers at these boost levels its pretty much worthless on the street due to the heat the generate. Bottom line, unless your using it for a peak HP/race style application I think either blower is a winner. You cant go wrong.

+1

keep in mind both blowers are really made for high boost, which means high octane. if that isn't what you want maybe a 2.6h or 2.9 is more for you.

2001Snake

It will be fast one day
Established Member
I went with the 2.9L and very happy with the performance & street manners.
705 RWHP with 91 tune and 18 psi boost

:bs:

Must have ported heads, cams, ext. To make that kinda power on that much boost.

Ive got a 3.4 with a evolution modified inlet and I'm gonna run 21psi for street 93 pump. But it needs more boost to hit the g spot, so I'm gonna run about 25psi on 109 or e85. That's where they make the big power!

Last edited:

Ironhand

Banned
:bs:

Must have ported heads, cams, ext. To make that kinda power on that much boost.

Ive got a 3.4 with a evolution modified inlet and I'm gonna run 21psi for street 93 pump. But it needs more boost to hit the g spot, so I'm gonna run about 25psi on 109 or e85. That's where they make the big power!

No. Your wrong boss. He has a GT-500 with a 2.9L Whipple. Alittle over 700rwhp is normal for a motor that have 49 cubic inches more then yours.

Evo modified inlet is just a normal inlet enlarged to about the size of the crusher but to my knowledge doesnt use the larger 160mm T/B.

Users who are viewing this thread