A hero has fallen

astrodudepsu

1of72 Hater
Established Member
Post Mortem - Dick Winters dies; WWII hero commanded 'Band of Brothers'

Major Richard Winters, CO of Easy Company during D-Day and the following invasion of Europe, died last night in central PA. You know him best from Band Of Brothers, where he commentated the story of Easy Company. He is from Lancaster, PA the next county over where I grew up. And after the war lived in Hershey, PA in Dauphin county. In my area he is a celebrated hero.

RIP Major.

281cobra

Drive by poster
Established Member
Sorry to hear that. He was just another hero from a generation of heros.

Thank you for your service and RIP Maj. Richard "Dick" Winters.

buckinwild

Established Member
RIP soldier. :beer: Here's one to you and all the sacrifices you endured for our freedom.

dragon40k

Established Member
I unknowingly grew up less than 5 miles from Maj. Winters farm in Fredericksburg Pa. He was so humble he didn't want anyone to know about his death. He died on Jan 2nd and we're only now finding out.

89 az ssp

F-16 Crew Chief
Established Member
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yggdVyan4XI&feature=related"]YouTube - The Men Of Easy Talk About Winters[/nomedia]

"But He Did."

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeWXoYHgmTU&feature=related"]YouTube - World War II Hero, Major Dick Winters & his Band of Brothers[/nomedia]

"Grandpa, were you a hero in the war?"............"No...........But I served in a company of Heroes"

God Bless!!!

Last edited:

FL-Orange

Almost Native
Established Member
R.I.P.
salute.gif

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread