A hero died yesterday

E

2008 SVTP RPS Champ
Established Member
In the past few weeks there have been quite a few celebrity deaths and that seems to be 90% of what's been on the news. It breaks my heart that more stories like this, washingtonpost.com, don't get the same attention. I give props to Fox News as I saw them run a segment on this as I was writing this. Today Col Kenneth Reusser, one of the most decorated pilots in Marine Corps history, passed away. To give a quick history of Col Kenneth Reusser he joined the Marines in WWII to become a fighter pilot. While serving in the Pacific Col Reusser engaged a Japanese recon plane 45,000 ft over the island of Okinawa. When he was nearly out of ammo he rammed the enemy plane and effectively cut off the tail of the enemy plane. He carried out the action without any regard to himself due to the extremely high risk nature of such a manuver. In another instance Col Reusser and his wing man chased down a Japanese plane for more than 100 miles and rammed it until the pilot lost control of the plane and crashed. He was awarded a Navy Cross for said actions. He received a second Navy Cross for his actions while serving in the Korean War. He was awarded the medal after his plane was severely damaged after checking out a factory at window level and limped his plane back to his aircraft carrier. He then jumped into another plane and took off right for the factory and destroyed the building even in the face of heavy fire that had almost caused him to be shot down previously. He later went to serve in Vietnam as a helicopter pilot and had to have 35% of his body covered in skin graphs after his helicopter crashed. Please take the time to remember the heroes of this country and not just the celebrities. RIP my brother....

Last edited:

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
What a stud. He's a big reason America is the greatest country in the world.

SnkBtn99

Speeding bullet!!
Established Member
Thank you for posting.

It really pisses me off that more people respond to McNair getting popped than real men like this passing.

Users who are viewing this thread