a haunting in connecticut

paintballpyro1

Established Member
Has anyone seen this movie yet? Ive read mixed reviews on it and having trouble to deciding if its worth seeing over "the last house on the left" Just looking for a scare movie to see with my date haha. Thanks guys

97BlackCobra

I know The Last House on the Left is very violent and has rape scenes, if its like the original. May freak your date out!

I wouldnt mind seeing either of them, love scary stuff

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
I saw it on Saturday or Sunday night, can't remember. It isn't bad although I really don't get into the scary, religous kinda stuff all that much. We had free movie passes so the woman and I went. It is pretty predictable, but what scary movie isn't.

I plan on seeing Last House on the Left as well. Both look to be about the same.

mvr

Established Member
ive seen both.

i liked last house on the left better, more of a suspense thriller than your average horror flick. haunting in ct was just ok imo, nothing special or new. i went to see it mostly cuz the gf wanted too and that im originally from ct.

Last edited:

juzlookzfazt

Established Member
I haven't seen it but I hope it doesn't turn out to be a "jump out of your seat" type of horror flick, those are whored out like crazy. I hope its a movie that actually causes the hair on your neck to raise and causes your blood to crawl. I love ghost / demon movies lol.

CobraMac

Established Member
I actually liked it a lot. Unlike most horror movies lately it actually had a decent plot and had a real ending. Also it was one of those twists kind of at the end, where you thought one thing and it was another. It was definitely scary and defintely makes you jump out of your seat. A ton of people in the theatre screamed a bunch too. I def suggest seeing it if you like scary movies. I love scary movies and thought this was one of the best in the last couple years. Especially since it's based on a true story

paintballpyro1

Established Member
Yup love scary movies and so does she. She couldnt find anyone to go with her so i said id go so she has someone to hold on to :) haha.

x0lizzbeth0x

Nada.
Established Member
Welllll, I wouldn't take her to Last House on the Left unless you two are pretty comfortable around each other...Rape scenes ruin the whole sex possibility afterwards on a date thing. And it's remotely awkward.. Take her to the classic thriller instead, she'll jump and hang on to you - that's what my boyfriend did on our first date..Asshole. lol

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
I thought it was fair at best. Typical horror movie consisting of "something went on in this house a long time ago & now they're gonna get ya". There were several parts of the movie where they got you all boosted up knowing something really bad was about to happen.... then what happened wasn't that bad.

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
there is a movie called "The Entity" which is based on a true story about a ghost that violently rapes a woman infront of people....that movie scared the crap out of me and still does.

exorcist didnt do squat for me.

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
it was pretty good...i mean i'm not really a scary movie type person ...but it was good

jf4boogie

Established Member
Saw it last night. It was ok at best.

Boy that "ectoplasma" is some scary shit :bored:

paintballpyro1

Established Member
Welllll, I wouldn't take her to Last House on the Left unless you two are pretty comfortable around each other...Rape scenes ruin the whole sex possibility afterwards on a date thing. And it's remotely awkward.. Take her to the classic thriller instead, she'll jump and hang on to you - that's what my boyfriend did on our first date..Asshole. lol

Well its actually a first date.....hahaha She wanted to see both movies tho and have someone to hang on haha.

astrocreep96

Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member
The movie sucked the butt (keeping in line with most vapid, horribly written horror movies that have come out lately)! Not really a proper horror movie at all, just the typical scenes where something jumps out at the characters to give the audience a little scare.

It made me want to go home and watch The Exorcist just to feel like I watched an actual scary movie that night.

Users who are viewing this thread