A HA! Finally Getting Somewhere Here!

SVT X 2

I C U
Established Member
My Cobra has been running like CRAP since this spring and I have been chasing this demon around all damn summer!

I've replaced:
• The fuel pump (a couple of times)
• The ignition & coil (added 6AL and Blaster coil)
• Plugs & wires (FMS 9mm reds & NGK V-grooves)
• Took out my Extender thinking the harness was bad (nope).
• Checked and re-checked timing
• Put the stock MAF back in thinking maybe the Bullet was bad (nope).
• Paid the corner putz mechanic to try and check the injectors, to no avail
• Finally took out my injectors myself and brought them in for cleaning & flow testing. (still not it)
• Gave 'er a compression check myself last weekend, to which the motor is VERY consistant (6 @ 140lbs. and 2 @ 145 lbs.)

I finally gave in and asked for help from someone who has a better knowledge and all the tools and info at his fingertips... a fellow 'Stanger who is also a dealer mechanic.

I met him at his place last Sunday so we could check a few things. EGR (working), TPS, couple other things he could think of. Everything checked out, but something was obviously wrong (and getting worse) by the audible idle... sounded like I had a MONSTEROUS cam in it!

He wanted to throw it on the Gen Star scanner at work while I drove it, so we set it up for his day off (Friday). Met 'em at work and we hooked it up, and checked a few things at idle. Then started driving and right away noticed that the O2's were doing whatever the hell they wanted... including ZEROING OUT when driving! Bingo....

Well of course try and find a pair of these in stock at 5:05pm on a Friday... no dice. Soooo, he is having his parts guy get a couple for Monday so he can borrow the hoist at work briefly (off then also) so he can swap both of 'em out.

I hope this is it! We were thinking one went bad, then just recently the other followed suit. He wants to trow the Gen Star on after and see where we are at then.

Cross your fingers everyone!!

SVT X 2

I C U
Established Member
I hope that's it too, it's late in the season and I still wanted to get long-tubes maybe, but had to get this thing running right first! :xxplode:

Love that one...

SVT X 2

I C U
Established Member
Not outta the woods yet... and I'm getting very pissed!

Both my O2's were shot, and I thought that was weird that they both were. We slapped the new ones in and gave it another check... my long-term fuel tables are not functioning at all. I've got a huge lean condition at idle (probably the cause of the fried O2's), and there was something else too... he had to call a service line at Ford to get some more clues as to why this is happening. It's basicly leaning towards a improper functioning EEC :mad:

Well if that's the case... I'm not buying another factory '94-'95 EEC, so my options are:

1.) First I gotta see if I can borrow someones EEC for a day just to hook up to see if that's it for sure

2.) MAYBE see if Sam or anyone could fix mine cheap if that is the problem, so I can still run the Extender

3.) If it's not feasable to fix mine (if that's the problem), then I'd get the PIH harness and see if I can sell a perfectly good Extender...

I'll leave out option 4, which was TRADE IT IN FOR SOMETHING ELSE!

I'm completely irritated. Casey was too since that didn't fix it. He mentioned a few races between you two, Rob :)

Users who are viewing this thread