A good burnout place?

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
I have a question for all of you Connecticut SVT board members.....

I'm intending to enter a video burnout contest which is being put on and judged by the company that I've purchased my supercharger from, and is only for their S/Cer customers. I have a friend who has some very good video equipment, however, I'm needing to find a good place to do this where I won't have to worry about any home owners complaining, nor about any local Law enforcement showing up to interupt the video. I want this burnout vid to be better than the last two that I did (one of which was featured in a thread on this board by another member).

The whole thing should last about 50 or 60 seconds, but my car can be heard from quite a distance when I hit the go pedal. Does anyone on here who's from CT know of a good secluded place in our homestate? Preferably in Fairfield or NewHaven counties since I cannot expect the camera man in question to travel any more than a half hour or so to do the shoot since he will not be charging me anything to to this. Your help would be greatly appreciated. BTW, there aren'y any big cash prizes beig offered to the winner of this video burnout contest, so my motives have nothing to do w/$$$. ths is just something for fun, and perhaps for a little notoriety within the Marauder club.

Last edited:

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
Just a word of advice- If you do it in a parking lot the police may not be able to ticket you. I've gotten away with a couple burnout b/c they were in a parking lot-private property. If the land owner doesn't want to press charges the police may not be able to ticket you.

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
ChrisNelson said:
Just a word of advice- If you do it in a parking lot the police may not be able to ticket you. I've gotten away with a couple burnout b/c they were in a parking lot-private property. If the land owner doesn't want to press charges the police may not be able to ticket you.

yes, I've thought about that too, and a parking lot will be a likely choice because of that, however, there are trade-offs w/that scenario, especially if the owner of the lot in question tuyrns out to be a real jerk, and decides to press trespassing charges. So I have to consider that, along w/the fact that my brother is a police officer in my homestate, so I don't have to even worry about tickets. But i'd rather not get him involved anyway, and my other concern would be wasting a pair of tires onlt to have the video ruined by being interupted by some cop telling us to stop. Thankyou for your input. i really appreciate and welcome all input on this.

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
BADASS03SVT said:
what kind of s/c company does this? :lol:

It's not actually a S/Cer manufacture. Its a company that designs and egineers S/Cer kits for the Marauder, and soon for the 2005 Mustang and F-150 trucks. These kits include the Eaton M112 roots S/Cer. They're primarily an engineering company. They have 90 employees, including engineers. They're no joke. They did a fantastic job putting together the S/Cer kit for the Marauder. They want to use the winning video for advertisement and promotion of their S/Cer kits at next year's SEMA show.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
BillyGman said:
It's not actually a S/Cer manufacture. Its a company that designs and egineers S/Cer kits for the Marauder, and soon for the 2005 Mustang and F-150 trucks. These kits include the Eaton M112 roots S/Cer. They're primarily an engineering company. They have 90 employees, including engineers. They're no joke. They did a fantastic job putting together the S/Cer kit for the Marauder. They want to use the winning video for advertisement and promotion of their S/Cer kits at next year's SEMA show.

the NEXT sema show? is the kit already pretty popular?

pretty cool idea though...to show the true power go through all the gears... :rockon:

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
BADASS03SVT said:
the NEXT sema show? is the kit already pretty popular?

pretty cool idea though...to show the true power go through all the gears... :rockon:

Yes, the Marauder S/Cer kit is very popular. Infact 58 Marauder oenrs have chosen the Trilogy Motorsports S/Cer kit, and it's only been 13 months since it was first made available.

KenCobra03

Factory Rated 390 HP, much more now
Established Member
Billy, are you interested in joining out Regional Ford Car club?

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
KenCobra03 said:
Billy, are you interested in joining out Regional Ford Car club?

Hmmmm, sounds interesting.You have my curiosity.....feel free to send me a PM w/the details such as, cost of membership, what activities your club gets involved with, and usual times and locations of meets. Thanks. :thumbsup:

KenCobra03

Factory Rated 390 HP, much more now
Established Member
Billy, we are trying to put together a car club. See bassin247's
thread about Regional Club and sign up if you like.
Ken

Talus

LookingThroughAWideAngle
Established Member
you can do a burnout in front of my house. the lady across the street might come out and start screaming but shes harmless

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
TomBoJangles said:
you can do a burnout in front of my house. the lady across the street might come out and start screaming but shes harmless

I don't have to worry about any ticket since I have family on the force, but I don't want the video to be interupted by a neighbor, nor a cop, and the video will be a long one. I've already done one, and I think I want to do one more.

Talus

LookingThroughAWideAngle
Established Member
i think Mrs. D coming out screaming would make my day. especially if it was on camera. hell, if you dont want to i'll do it now that i'm thinking about it

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
LOL....yeah, I know what you mean. Infact, I think would be pretty funny to have a burnout video w/some lady screaming. But realisticly, the burnout vid that I plan on doing will take precise timing between the driver (me), the camra man, and another person w/a stop watch to give the camera man a cue. And w/all of that going on, the only way it's going to work how I want it to, is to have no distractions for the camera guy.

Users who are viewing this thread