A Goat bit me on the ass!

Danl

2 wheel nut job
Established Member
A buddy of mine just purchased an 04 a4 GTO. Not sure what all has been done to this ride, but it has been lowered, CAI, Magnaflow cat back, and a few visual mods is what we do know. We had been running at the local track, his best pass was a 13.6. On the way home I was feeling a little froggy, so I jumped. I started around him, I heard him open it up. That was all she wrote, I got up to his drivers door with my L, then he started to walk me. We ran up to about a buck twenty with him about a car length ahead before I gave it up. My L only had CAI, and at the time, some rusted out, hacked up, exhaust leaking Flowmaster system on it. Just purchased the truck myself, already starting to fix on it. My best pass for the day was a 14.09. Yea I know that sux, but it was enough to beat up on a 94-96 cobra and an LTD!:rockon: (LOL) Anyhow, I feel no shame in losing to a GTO.

jeffs

Established Member
I think you did good, it is a truck, after all.

I own a Lightning myself, and have driven 3 GTO's, they were all LS2's but I feel that they would pull on my Lightning, especially from a roll and higher speeds.

F8L BYT

Established Member
Good death but you are only a pulley away from making him see nothiung but tail lights. and it was a 94/95 cobra if that gto beat up on it because it wouldnt happen with a 96-98 cobra

Wynn

Wants 11's
Established Member
Good death but you are only a pulley away from making him see nothiung but tail lights. and it was a 94/95 cobra if that gto beat up on it because it wouldnt happen with a 96-98 cobra

I hope you mean depending on mods. I know my car was a real dog when I bought it. If it was running right, it would have been close but some of our cars are getting up there in milage. I think I could inch out my buddy's A4 LS1 goat now, but before gears and DRs there's no way, IMO.

Anyway, not to get off topic, good runs. Get a pulley and tune on the L and go run him again.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
I hope you mean depending on mods. I know my car was a real dog when I bought it. If it was running right, it would have been close but some of our cars are getting up there in milage. I think I could inch out my buddy's A4 LS1 goat now, but before gears and DRs there's no way, IMO.

Anyway, not to get off topic, good runs. Get a pulley and tune on the L and go run him again.

x2.. it seems like the older these cars get the faster they were stock. :beer: I thank you for keeping it real!!!!

JSZ03

Local Mustang Legend
Established Member
add a pulley and tune, bro...the Goat will see your tails

16kOrBust

Established Member
Not a bad loss. His times sound accurate, too. My dad's 04 GTO M6 went a best of 13.7 at 104 bone stock (well, he technically had a shifter because he hated the stock one, just to add that in). What did he trap?

drex

Off The Line
Established Member
Get that pulley and tune on there man, or run him from a dig. should be a better race from a dig or a very low roll, BTW I like GTO's.

Danl

2 wheel nut job
Established Member
+1, and what did you trap at?

Nice death.

I'm not sure what he was trapping, but I was a consistent 97.xx out of 3 runs. Don't care to post the rest of the numbers, they are a little embarrassing. But with some seat time I will do better.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm not sure what he was trapping, but I was a consistent 97.xx out of 3 runs. Don't care to post the rest of the numbers, they are a little embarrassing. But with some seat time I will do better.

Yea, it takes some time to get used to how to launch these trucks to get a good run, especially when you are on street tires. With the torque these things make, it's not as easy as it seems for an automatic vehicle.

VictorySong

Established Member

Can't be as bad as running low 14's with a best of 13.70 when I ran my catback cobra.:lol1: Fast truck to hang with a goat.:rockon:

bones srt-4

yep,still a neon.
Established Member
not a bad death.
sent you a pm. our local car club goes to mo-kan quite a bit. i didn't hit it to many times this year but plan on it next year. maybe i'll see you there.
we also hit main in joplin looking for some races every weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread