A friend needs advice!

Redfire03

Established Member
Hey guys,

My brothers friend just picked up a Blue 06 gt 5-speed, the car is has all the options. 18 inch wheels, shaker 1000, black leather, and interior dress-up. He was talking to me about parts for his car and what he should do, i told him all the basic(cold air, exhaust, tune, short throw shifter, etc.). But the 05-06's arent my strong point.

So today he sent me an e-mail of the parts below. He asked me to post on hear asking what you guys thought and if you had any suggestions. All the input we could get would be nice. The car isnt his daily driver and he is looking for something that will handle well, will be fairly quick and will still retain easy drivability.

The parts are:

Eibach Pro-Damper Set Front and Rear fitment $459.00
Eibach Anti-Roll Kit Front and Rear fitment $357.00
H&R Sport Spring Set Front and Rear fitment $357.00
Steeda Rear Shock Tower Brace $159.95
Steeda Strut Tower Brace - Steel $174.95
Power Slot Rotors(mostly for looks) $484
2006 Ford Mustang GT K&N Aircharger$294.89
Magnaflow Tru-X Pipe with cats $1,434.18
Magnaflow MAGNAPACK Dual Exhaust System $750.29
Steeda Underdrive Pulley System $199.95
Diablo Sport Automotive Tunning+tune $498.00
Pro 5.0 MUSTANG Super Shifter $229.99

Thanks,
Joe

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Everything looks good, but I would not buy the K&N or the Diablo. Many people on many sites have posted much better gains with the SCT XCal2 and either the JLTII cai or C&L. There are a few different vendors that will actually send you these cominations with custom tunes rather than the generic tune.

Ironhand

Banned
Have it Dyno Tuned. You will see the biggest gains per mod then you will with a box tune.

Users who are viewing this thread