A few short blasts with a Carrera GT.(pic)

ChoiceViper

Established Member
Cruising up Pacific Coast Highway this weekend, I stumble upon a Porsche Carrera GT. I've only seen one other GT on the street ever, and it was an old guy that didnt want to play. Anyway, the owner was cool this time around and we made a couple of runs. The first was from a stoplight up to about 130 (damn trafic). I spun a little off the line and slightly through second trying not to roast the hides completely, banged third and he was right there!!! I pulled maybe a car on him before we had to get on the binders. Damn! those things are quick!! And the sound of that motor is friggin' orgasmic. The next run was from a 45 mph roll up to about 140ish with the same result. I wanted to play some more but he gave me a thumbs up and pulled into a gated community (his pad I'm guessing). Sorry for the picture quality. I clicked it off with my phone camera before the action.
620ATT00204-med.jpg

12nChng

Established Member
WOW!!! I've never seen one on the road, and I didn't know they were that fast! I mean hanging with a 700+hp viper is no easy task!

WashburnGT

Established Member
Sounds like a blast. Are those still 30 day tags on the Carrera GT? Im a little lacking on European sports-car knowledge. What is it that makes those engines sound so good? :beer:

ChoiceViper

Established Member
What is it that makes those engines sound so good?

Carrera GT has a 605hp 5.7 litre V10 and weighs a scant 3050 lbs. Not sure what redline is but WAY higher than the viper's. MSRP $440,000. They're not making many of them, I wonder how much they REALLY cost after dealer markup.

1142003124825.jpg

Last edited:

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
I actually just looked at one at a dealership a few days ago. It's dead-sexy, and pretty damn fast if it stuck with you...

CobraBallz97

Established Member
that car is unreal...must have been a rush to run him. not too many people can say that they have :thumbsup: i've never seen the GT in person

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Very nice indeed. I would have felt like a little boy with my little toy if the two of you pulled up next to me. Not often you see a Viper around here let alone a 750hp Viper and an exotic Porsche on the same road gettin ready to race...awsome.

jbp99cobra

Fly fat ass, fly!!!
Established Member
The GT is freakin sick. My buddy is a mechanic at a porsche dealership... he called me to come over bc they had a bright yellow one waiting to be picked up. The car is all carbon fiber!!! I wasn't able to drive it, but he let me sit in it. It felt like the car was wrapped around you. Definitely made sitting in the $90k 911 afterwards feel like nothing... not to mention having to drive home in my cobra :shrug:

SVTCOBRAKID

Established Member
Hey man nice race, my friend lives up there in redondo beach on pch, anways ive seen that car its so sick, also there is a brand new ford GT rollin around, look for that too. Anyways nice kill, later

4.6 Rocket

Established Member
I wish I was in your car when is happened :whine: That must of been a great race to see. Nice viper by the way. I'm glad you showed him what American power can do :beer: That GT is sick to hang with your car, almost scary :burnout:

jdk

No fun til someone dies
Established Member
I'm surprised he kept up with you with as much power as you're making.. The GT is definitely an awesome ride :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread