A few random races

mysticalsnake

Established Member
i've got a few kills for the past couple weeks that i just haven't had time to bother posting, so here goes:

about a week and a half ago i'm driving home from work in my DD (Mazdaspeed6) and there's a guy about my age or so in a V6 eclipse (don't know mods other than exhaust which wasn't loud enough to make me puke atleast) with an aero package on it that you can get as an option and we come to a red light and i was hoping he would take off so i could launch with the AWD but he just slowly rolled out and at about 15 mph he nailed it and so i followed suit....once i hit boost i pulled back the car he gained from my lack of low end grunt and then hit 2nd and just kept on going...guy came back up beside me smiled and nodded and then made his turn.

last thursday night i got out to make a few rounds around the loop before i head home from work (about 9:30) and there's the newer Mark V GTi (BOV, AEM intake, and i believe about 2 lbs. extra boost) two lanes over from me at a redlight. the light turns green and i guess he heard my exhaust and BOV b/c after i shifted into 2nd (at about 3500-4000 rpm) he punches it and i couldn't resist so i did too, i caught at past him by 45 and at the next red light we went from a dig...and it was just a massacre....i took a split second longer to make sure i nailed my launch which let him creep forward about a bumper and then i just shot off the line and never looked back.

and Monday night me and my girl were drivin' around a town, in the Cobra, close to her b/c we went out to eat and there was a guy in a 5.7L stock GTO that asked for some runs. He said "i know i'll get slaughtered but i was see how i do"
1st run: 20 mph roll (i left it in 1st) he 3 honks at about his front wheel to my front bumper (just b/c we didn't line up perfectly) i immediately start screamin' by and slam 2nd gear in enough time so that i squeeled the tires right by his window and by about 80 i had put probably atelast 3 cars on him
2nd run: we go from a dig (and i'm dreading this b/c i can't launch the car that well really) and i guess he can't launch very well either:shrug: whenever he 3 honked i jumped out hard about a fender and then steadily walked away up to around 90 where i had about a bus length and a half

btw..i'm intake, Mac prochamber, magnaflow cat-back, and MGW shifter

Users who are viewing this thread