A few questions....need advice.

slo-GT

Established Member
Ok guys I have a 02 GT with an Auto tranny. Both the engine and transmission have 118 K on the clock. I have bolt ons and next mod will be gears. First question.....I can't decide between 4.10's or 4.30's, I've heard that both of those are much more responsive in automatics than 3.73's. Gas mileage really isn't a big issue, I don't drive long distance much. Next question....S/C kits are a little out of my price range and I want some more power, so I've been giving quite a bit of thought about adding nitrous. My motor has been very well maintained but with 118 K it still gives me some concern. Will both my motor and transmission be able to hold up. What kind've shot can they withstand safely or is this just asking for serious trouble? Thanks in advance for any advice.

spike_africa

Established Member
I would go 4.10's. we dont have the rpms of a 4v to use 3rd gear in an auto car high enough for track use etc with a power adder and 4.30's. If your car runs well and doesnt burn oil and has good compression then nitrous will be fine. Most people run 100shots to be safe. Those of us who are more hardcore will use 125-150shots.

Zoie_daGT

Established Member
As far as nitrous, I would go 100 shot at the most. Once you get above that, you are wandering into grey area. The tune will be crucial too. Make sure you read the plugs. W/ a good tune, you should be good w/ 100 shot.

domestic_guy

Established Member
i know the 5.0 comes with factory forged internals and responds well to nitrous what about the newer gt's like the slo-gt has? by the way i agree with the 4.10's

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
the newer GT's respond well to power adders. Just cant hold that much power, only like 420rwhp or something like that, from what ive heard they are a ticking time bomb after that.

KduncSS

Ille qui nos omnes servab
Established Member
4.10s!!!!!!!(If your not sold already) I would be very wary of nitrous, but as long as you do it right and dont cut corners you should be ok. I know a guy that has an auto GT with 4.10s and a 100 shot, his car is pretty damn fast. With drag radials from a dig he kills much faster cars.

Users who are viewing this thread