A few questions for the knowledgeable?

Yates...Man

TRMN8R
Established Member
500hp, gosh that is nice esp. knowing it will be underrated.

With that being said, can we get bigger rubber on the car? At least 295's or Nitto 315's?

Has anyone with a GT put bigger rubber on their car than 295's with the shock config?

I'm sure we will be able to pulley it with the innovations of our vendors, ala snout change. Will the crank trigger get in the way of the lower pulley?

Do we know for SURE what rods it will have? H beams manleys or mahle? I think 650hp would be easy to achieve with a good tune and basic terminator type mods.

How about the rear suspension, what can the Ford Panhard bar setup handle? 800+hp? Will wheelhop be a sure thing of the past?

How restrictive is the exhaust I wonder? Anything like the 03-04's. I hope so, that will be 25-30hp alone.

Fuel pumps, anyone have any insight on these. Did they use the twin focus setup or something similar?

How about fuel injectors, 36 or 42 or possibly 60 lbhr?

The T56 seems to be a better piece with the appropriate input shaft.

The new Eaton looks healthier, but a KB won't hurt. What can we really expect from this Eaton stock or ported.

Is SCT or Diablo working to get these things competitive quickly? Did Ford release the programming codes to the aftermarket?

Are the current wheels the only option, no chrome? I'm thinking BBS if not.

Any quick remedies to drop some weight? Back seat delete, Carbon Fiber here and there?

What barriers are we going to need to overcome to get this car in the 10's beyond my above thoughts??

All input appreciated.

Last edited:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Most of that is still up in the air. It is not underrated though, but that is an easy fix with some quick UPS shipments. As far as the wheels and tires go, the one that I was able to feel up did not really have room for much larger tires. It may be able to get a true 305 stuffed in there, but it is still iffy. I know that one exhaust company that a lot of the members (not I though) use told me that they did not gain much in the way of power with their midpipe and catback, but it did make it a lot better sounding. They said that the stock exhaust from Ford is very well designed. I have no news on the induction from the airbox to the TB at this time. Also, Torque Management is a real bitch with these, and a tuner should be the first thing that you buy. When you go WOT and get any wheel spin that TB closes down to as much as 40% and very slowly opens back up once it senses you have good traction again. This is an easy fix. The Spanish Oak computer really controls a lot of variables, but thankfully it has been out long enough that most of the tuners are well acquainted with it. Once again, this is just info that I have been told. Do not kill the messanger. I am telling all of this so that those of you getting these cars will have a better idea of what direction to go first when modding. ie, the most bang for the buck will be a tuner at first.

-Jeff

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Also, the Torque management feature or whatever it is called, traction control, etc, may not be a bad thing when drag racing, just so long as it does not stay engaged for to long, or show up when there is no tire spin. It could really help you get off of the line. I know that with my Mom's SL55 AMG the traction control system abslutely rocks for getting off of the line, but who knows how this one from Ford reacts to a high HP car like the GT500.

R1Lello

Established Member
:D

Check out my buddies black Saleen with 315's/ 20 inch. I personally don't like the look but with those wheels, he really doesn't have a choice with offset/backspacing so to me, they are stick out too much and a bit too tall.. I'll probably go 295/40/18 which Falken recently released and I'm sure others will follow..........these will be slightly wider (10mm) and a tad taller, or I'll go 19's Welds with the proper backspace and 295's.

www.ultimatemustangs.org or com in the gallery

fordification

Established Member
wow, this is what you mean by sticking out?

DSCN2728.JPG

R1Lello

Established Member
:beer:

Yes, that's my photo I took..........

Me personally, I would like it more tucked in, again, he has no choice if he wants to stay with that tire.........and the car does sit high with his tire. My opinion, this body style looks best with 19's or 18's........not a fan of 20's

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
They don't stick out as bad as what I would have thought they would. It is about like mine with 315's and 1" spacers. 305's would deffinitly not look to bad, but yes, I would worry about tapping that fender in a big bump.

TORQUERULES

Established Member
R1Lello said:
:eek:

I know for a fact, it hit on big bumps................look close.........it will

The new 'Stangs have rolled fender lips. It will probably work unless both sides go up together.

R1Lello

Established Member
TORQUERULES said:
The new 'Stangs have rolled fender lips. It will probably work unless both sides go up together.

Like I said, he's my buddy, it hit. Don't want to carry a passenger too often in the rear.

Yates...Man

TRMN8R
Established Member
HISSMAN said:
Most of that is still up in the air. It is not underrated though, but that is an easy fix with some quick UPS shipments. As far as the wheels and tires go, the one that I was able to feel up did not really have room for much larger tires. It may be able to get a true 305 stuffed in there, but it is still iffy. I know that one exhaust company that a lot of the members (not I though) use told me that they did not gain much in the way of power with their midpipe and catback, but it did make it a lot better sounding. They said that the stock exhaust from Ford is very well designed. I have no news on the induction from the airbox to the TB at this time. Also, Torque Management is a real bitch with these, and a tuner should be the first thing that you buy. When you go WOT and get any wheel spin that TB closes down to as much as 40% and very slowly opens back up once it senses you have good traction again. This is an easy fix. The Spanish Oak computer really controls a lot of variables, but thankfully it has been out long enough that most of the tuners are well acquainted with it. Once again, this is just info that I have been told. Do not kill the messanger. I am telling all of this so that those of you getting these cars will have a better idea of what direction to go first when modding. ie, the most bang for the buck will be a tuner at first.

-Jeff

I love it!!!, UPS shipments :-}

That's good info you got either way. I like the tires in the above post, I think we might be able to get this thing to hook after all, maybe.

I figured they would have the exhaust uncorked, so all we will need to get is a Catback for good tunes, no mid needed.

I will be talking to Jon Lund as soon as one lands in my driveway, he can hopefully have all the tuning completed by then.

Yates...Man

TRMN8R
Established Member
R1Lello said:
:D

Check out my buddies black Saleen with 315's/ 20 inch. I personally don't like the look but with those wheels, he really doesn't have a choice with offset/backspacing so to me, they are stick out too much and a bit too tall.. I'll probably go 295/40/18 which Falken recently released and I'm sure others will follow..........these will be slightly wider (10mm) and a tad taller, or I'll go 19's Welds with the proper backspace and 295's.

www.ultimatemustangs.org or com in the gallery

Sincerely Thanks for the pic, I think they look good not too far out. On 18's it hopefully won't bump anything. I'm not a 20 kind of a guy.

Got any more pics of that black saleen we can see? I would like a diff. spoiler on the rear.

Last edited:
how about the 5.4 engine are they hand built as the past SVT engines were all hand built. Any news on that or are they massed produced like all the other engines from Ford. Any one has info., on that.

Users who are viewing this thread