A Few questions about my L

struckone

Established Member
I want to start puting some mods on my L when I get back home but I dont know where to start.I know the cai is stock but since I bought it used I think it has a few mods in cold weather I see 12 psi on the boost gage and I ran it a few times at my local track Jackson S.C and ran some good times the best was 13.2 on gator backs I going on leave in October and I have 5 grand thats burning a hole in my pocket I dont know mabey you guys can help me.

BlownBolt

Doesn't Care
Established Member
Do you have an after market boost gauge? Because the factory one is not accurate. What do you mean by "gator backs" are you talking about a belt? 5 grand will take you a long way.

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
If your seeing 12# of boost you probably have a 4 # lower pulley on it. Especially if it has a gator back belt

Last edited:

struckone

Established Member
Yeah I have an after market boost gage and a gator back belt but ofther than that I have no clue I didnt want to start buying mods that the truck already has thats it in a nut shell cant wait to get home to really get into it Ive had it two years or more now and mabey drove it six months and my mustang is just sitting I do have some pics that I can put up In about three weeks.

CHUXSVT

HELL YEAH I STREET RACE!
Established Member
you have 5 grand, then just dump a kb into it & forget the boltons. just dont make too much power & make a hole in the block. if around 460hp is good for you than kb is the way to go, if not then get a short block or better a long block & boost the hell out of it.

Users who are viewing this thread