A few pics/vids from July 19/14

Mr Patience

Canadian Eh!
Established Member
Tried out the GoPro for the first time this past weekend at the track. We had a 1 day T&T that felt like one of the hottest days of the year. No PB's set on this day but still ran pretty good......

Uz8ojev.jpg

aZ5fDKX.jpg

[youtube_browser]bM51rxwd21I[/youtube_browser]

[youtube_browser]1mTw2qFD7es[/youtube_browser]

[youtube_browser]dFe83TAWnyk[/youtube_browser]

99cobra09

"Stock Car"
Established Member
Very nice man! You looks so calm in there lol

Noticed your transbrake/2 step button is not the one on the shifter, you have separate one, correct?

Last edited:

Mr Patience

Canadian Eh!
Established Member
Very nice man! You looks so calm in there lol

Noticed your transbrake/2 step button is not the one on the shifter, you have separate one, correct?

Its easy to drive, the radials keep it stable on the big end. I mounted my transbrake button by the cup holder....the one on the shifter is for the line lock. You don't want your hand on your shifter during the initial hit...too easy to accidently pull it into 2nd gear.

Blackedout

Established Member
What do you launch at ??? weight ???? Looking GOOOOOOD... :beer:

Mr Patience

Canadian Eh!
Established Member
What are rpm are you shifting at and what rpm are you seeing at the end of the run?

Do you have 3.73 gears?

I shift 6700-6800 and cross the line around 6800-6900. I'm using 3.90's for gears.

What do you launch at ??? weight ???? Looking GOOOOOOD... :beer:

My best 60' (1.33) came from a 4000 launch...the track had teeth that day. I adjust for the track....3000-4000 will keep me in the 1.3's. If I just leave off idle it will go mid to low 1.4's. No idea on weight....I hope to buy some scales this year.

Blackedout

Established Member
No scale at the track ??? Very impressive !!! I need to get some gears in mine...

Mr Patience

Canadian Eh!
Established Member
No scale at the track ??? Very impressive !!! I need to get some gears in mine...

No scales at the track. What gears are you using now?

You are running the team z rear springs right?

How better are these than foxbody springs?

Yea, I have the Team Z coils. If your using cut fox springs you'll be fine...I had mach 1 springs and they are much better than those.

Hi Dave,
What kind of numbers are you running here? Also the video is flawless.
Thanks for posting

9.6 - 9.7 in the vids. Its been 9.51 (last year) and 9.52 (a few weeks ago). It should go 9.4's maybe high 3's in the right air this year.

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Wow, I'm sure it's more violent in the car but that looks like the smoothest/tamest car I've ever seen running mid 9's.

Good vids!

Mr Patience

Canadian Eh!
Established Member
No scales at the track. What gears are you using now?

3.55's with the IRS still.... Havent decided to go SRA w/4.10's and loose some weight or Full Tilt the IRS w/4.10's

I guess it depends on what your goals are for the car. If you do go SRA you'll be happy...even if you still feel the need to love corners. I'd go 3.73's or 3.90's.

slowassgt

Established Member
Nice runs. It's nice and docile with the auto. I'm sure it's alot better running the radials and not having to deal with the sway on the big end.

Users who are viewing this thread