A few pics of NMRA 03 Cobra Shootout Pics Inside

94SVT Coupe

Ford Fanatic
Established Member
Just got back, took some shots of the 03 shootout cars for you 03 guys (and girls:)). I cut them down and dropped the res some... One ran a 10.9something.. got quite a response from the crowd.. Sorry I didn't get any names to put with the cars.

16-430-32369.jpg

16-430-32370.jpg

16-430-32371.jpg
:)

Last edited:

46stang

Established Member
does anyone have any info on the pauls high performance tire wheel combo?? i want to get some slicks and that looks sweet!!

Everyones car looked awesome! nice to see all those 03's in the same spot:) I wish i lived closer to kentucky:(

Leon

Leadhead

Melodramatic Nihilist
Established Member
COOL!!! It looks like there is some magical place on this earth called 03 cobra land where everyone drives the 03 cobra!

I hope I shall live there someday...(visualize soapbox smiley here.)

94SVT Coupe

Ford Fanatic
Established Member
46Stang: I've never heard of any skinnys that fit directly over the Cobra brakes. They probably either swapped GT brakes on it or used a spacer and ground the caliper.

Darkhorse: I agree, the black looked best.

TPOC: Sorry, I don't have a vid camera. There were lots of them there though, I'm sure someone will post some...

I'm suprised nobody commented on the sixth pic.. :rolling:

Last edited:

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
These are awesome! Tell me all those stickers all over the cars are temporary. Would love to see a vid of that 10.9 run. Knew it was only a matter of time before an 03 broke into the 10's.

Blackcobra

Established Member
I just returned from the Bowling Green event. It was awesome. Unless I miscounted, there were twelve 03 Cobra's racing plus I saw two others in the parking area that I don't think ever raced. We all "owe" these guys for hauling all the way from MI, IN, PA, VA, NJ, etc., to participate in the shootout because the more effort aftermarket vendors see 03 owners putting out (particularly in racing), the more likely they will be to develop parts specifically for the 03 Cobra. Tons of vendors were there and for them to see a dozen modded Cobras show up to race (particularly knowing that folks only had about 2 months to do mods and otherwise prepare) helps us all because if the vendors see modding interest is high in our cars, they will follow the money. Not meant to sound preachy, just wanted to say I personally think we all owe these 12+ guys a lot because it's guys like them that will make more goodies available to all of us.

Diablosport, Amazon Racing, Johnny Lightning Performance, UPR, and others were definitely working hard to advance the 03 Cobra at this event, particularly Amazon and Diablosport (to take nothing awa from anyone else). Having never met him before, gotta say that Rick at Amazon is a very cool guy dedicated to helping us all out. Also, Bassani had the new cat-back/x-pipe system on display and said the header is coming out in November (after the SEMA show in Las Vegas).

Amazon Racing had at least three "affiliated" 03 Cobras out there, Paul's High Performance had four or five Mustang race cars there including the 03 Cobra that raced in the shootout, and then Haveight was his own maniac self - including a 150-shot nitrous bottle in the trunk (I think it was 150). Hammer's car looked great. Of the 12 racing 03 Cobras, I'd guess that 4-6 had the Amazon Racing air box set up with Diablo Delta Chips and several had the Paul's HP set up. Haveight just went for the biggest freaking filter that could be shoved in there, plus he pulled out the hood blanket and hood vents completely.

By the second of three runs on Saturday, 11 of the 12 cars had pulled out the right headlight assembly to open the filters up to maximum breathing.

If I remember his name correctly, a good guy named Carlos was driving the Blue 03 with VA tags with the JLP (Johnny Lightning Performance) decal on the door you see in the pictures, and his car had BBK longtube headers plus a 3-inch system... and it sounded AWESOME and MEAN. The other cool thing about the Blue JLP car was that it featured a "ram air"/air box system that was just put out by JLP. It is a version of the ram air/air box system they have for the Lightning but it has different dimensions customized to the 03 Cobra spacing and it comes with a perfect size hose to connect from the right side of the air box down to the opening next to the right fog light. It also has a filter with a head that is open as opposed to the K&N filter that is blocked at the head... and the air box is designed to allow air to flow into the head. I can't say that this JLP system is better than Amazon's or any other, but after staring at the systems in all 12 cars for hours and hours stalking them in the pits, I decided to buy the JLP ram air/air box system. Note JLP doesn't seem to have this new product on their web site which didn't surprise me because the husband and wife team that run JLP seem very busy helping folks with cars, working the Bowling Green event for Cobras and Lightnings, and I was told they are spending next week participating in the MM/FF 03 Cobra tuner comparo that folks have posted about and that might be in the Dec MM/FF or soon after.

Anyway, I'm a lousy reporter, but wanted to first say I really appreciate these 12+ guys hauling all the way to Bowling Green because we all benefit from them making such a showing in front of all the vendors. And I wanted to thank the great folks at Amazon, Diablosport, JLP, Bassani, and elsewhere for their 03 specific efforts.

Users who are viewing this thread