A few pics of my Sterling Gray 5.0

truckguy

Established Member
Hey Guys. My name is Brady. I have been a board member for a while but really dont post a whole lot. Thought I should start though. Been into Mustangs ever since high school. Started out with a 88 5.0 LX, graduated to a 98 Cobra, and back in June I picked up a 2011 5.0. So far I am loving the car. I really wanted a street car that could go to the dragstrip and be respectable. So far I am really pleased with the car.

The car is a Premium package with Brembo's and a 6 speed manual transmission. I did opt for the factory 3.73 gears and the glass roof as well.

DSC01545.jpg

DSC01546.jpg

20100629073636_1_.jpg

20100629073726_1_.jpg

20100629073850_1_.jpg

Mods so far are:

Roush Lowering Springs
Metco Billet Lower Control Arms
Metco Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets
Roush Upper Control Arm
BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar
Corsa Extreme Axle Backs
Corsa X-Pipe (retains factory cats)
Mickey Thompson ET Street dr's
PPC Custom dyno tune (Pickups Plus Cars - Car Accessories/Truck Accessories/SUV Accessories in Columbus, Hilliard & Lewis Center Ohio. Automotive Dyno Tuning GET ACCESSORIZED!

So far my best pass at the track has been [email protected]. The car is great. It will go and run a low 12 and then still get close to 24 mpg on the way home!

DSC00028.jpg

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
Congrats, very nice looking car!! :beer:

This is the 1st 2011 GT that I have seen with the glass roof.

BTW, very nice 60' times at the track!!

sb03cobra

Established Member
Looks great!

Did you do all the suspension work at the same time? Looking at springs and maybe the Roush upper control arm.

truckguy

Established Member
Looks great!

Did you do all the suspension work at the same time? Looking at springs and maybe the Roush upper control arm.

I did it in stages. I started with the lowering springs, adjustable panhard bar, and and the billet lowers. Looking for a bit more traction at the track, I went ahead and added the Roush upper and the lca relocation brackets. I am really happy with the way the car rides. My only complaint is that I now hear a bit more gear whine than I would really like to. I didnt notice prior to the relocation brackets and I may pull them off and see if it goes away. The car does hook well at the track though and it really isnt all that bad.

truckguy

Established Member
nice pick up man!

Lol! I use truckguy because the last couple of vehicles I have bought have all been trucks. My winter/bad weather vehicle is an 05 F150 crew cab 4x4 with a Roush supercharger pushing 8 lbs, dynatech longtubes, and 3.73 gears. I have the "go fast" bug even with trucks.

truckguy

Established Member
Thanks for all the nice words guys. I am really pleased with the car so far and have more fun with it every day!

truckguy

Established Member
Here is the vid from the timeslip posted earlier.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WM80rjxhiL0"]YouTube - 1206[/nomedia]

Users who are viewing this thread