a few pics of my new hood!

TheDarkness03

MOAR DOTS!!!
Established Member
i installed this last night and snapped a few quick pics with my iphone before i went to work today. for some reason i've always wanted to own a car with a cowl hood, and i thought the carbon fiber would look good with my dsg and black wheels. what do you guys think? don't mind the dirty car and the fingerprints all over the hood...she needs another bath ;-)

photo-2.jpg

photo2-1.jpg

photo3-1.jpg

mooch29

Low n' Slow
Established Member
way too big for my likings, unless you have a monster under the hood of course!

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
It's one of those things where you either HATE it OR LOVE it.

Personally, I like it. It looks mean as shit! Is that a 4"? I maybe would have went with a 2" or something a tad smaller than that for my liking.

Where did yu get the hood from? More Details on it!!

fordgofast

that looks really good. i love it. we are all entitled to our opinions, but i thinkk the 4" cowl is PERFECT for that car, and goes with the bulky body style. a 2" would be to small, but the 4" gives it a bad ass look.

well done bro, keep up the good work on the car, thats exactly how i would picture my cobra.

sick

todd4566

Man Of Steel
Established Member
I'll bet you're loving that hood from the inside the car! I had a 3" cowl on a 5.0 I used to own, and recall the experience.. I'd swear that the car gained 50hp just from the look of the hood, LOL. Be forewarned that rainy weather and washing your car sux with a cowl, unless the hood has some kind of vent on the rear. Congrats in either case! :beer:

CobraCarrera

Established Member
Like the looks of the hood...I honestly dont care for the C/F.....I think that the hood should be the same color as the car.Looks out of place a bit..

I have seen this in person as well locally on another DSG and didnt care for it then eighter...

totenkopf13

Trouser Snake
Established Member
Too big. Looks like it belongs on a fox. It doesn't flow at all w/ the lines of terminator body imo. I agree its love or hate, regardless of the CF.

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
It looks sinister, but I seem torn time to time when people discard the stock extractor hood. When you see the car coming down the road you can't mistake its a 03/04 cobra lol.

TheDarkness03

MOAR DOTS!!!
Established Member
that looks really good. i love it. we are all entitled to our opinions, but i thinkk the 4" cowl is PERFECT for that car, and goes with the bulky body style. a 2" would be to small, but the 4" gives it a bad ass look.

well done bro, keep up the good work on the car, thats exactly how i would picture my cobra.

sick

thanks man! i honestly don't even know how big the cowl on the hood is...it's a VIS hood and as far as i know they are all the same size :shrug:

I'll bet you're loving that hood from the inside the car! I had a 3" cowl on a 5.0 I used to own, and recall the experience.. I'd swear that the car gained 50hp just from the look of the hood, LOL. Be forewarned that rainy weather and washing your car sux with a cowl, unless the hood has some kind of vent on the rear. Congrats in either case! :beer:

thanks! it definitely takes some getting used to, lol. i really like it, but at the same time i miss my stock hood because i love the way it looks. but imma rock this one for a while cuz i think it looks hard as shit! :rockon:

Looks sick! Where did you get the hood/

it's a VIS hood and i purchased it off an ebay store because they had the best price.

MORE PICTURES COMING SOON!!!

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
I have that hood on my 01. The initial fit was pretty good, but be warned mine warped a little over time and has cracks in the clear (clear is very brittle)

Users who are viewing this thread