A Few Nitrous Questions

Stormtrooper5.0

Established Member
Well the car is a 2011 Mustang GT Manual transmission. I'm hopefully going to be buying the BBR Stage 3 Plate Kit at the end of this week or next. I'm going to be giving Steve at BBR a call this week to get his opinion on all of this. But I'd also like to get SVTPs personal experiences. I'm going to want to run between a 100-150 shot. I'd like to do the 150 shot but I want to be completely careful. All stock engine and drivetrain. So I don't want to break anything. But I know that's always a possibility. So a few of my questions are:

-Those of you who have done the install of nitrous systems for these cars, how was the difficulty? Any tips for me?

-Would y'all recommend a progressive controller?

-What do y'all think about using racing fuel? Just every now and then. Not for every time. I've heard a ton of different things about this so I'm really quite confused.

That's all that I can think of for now. I thought I had more. I'll post them up in this thread if anything else comes to mind. Thanks for any help that y'all can send my way! And thanks to BBR for the awesome packages and help.

williesgt

Established Member
i would just run a 93 octain pump gas/start off at 100 shot...its not to difficult to install...im not familure with that kit but i would run a digital wide open throttle switch that hooks to your tps/and a rpm window switch so it will only shoot nitrous within a specified rpm so you dont bog or hit rev limmiter

Stormtrooper5.0

Established Member
i would just run a 93 octain pump gas/start off at 100 shot...its not to difficult to install...im not familure with that kit but i would run a digital wide open throttle switch that hooks to your tps/and a rpm window switch so it will only shoot nitrous within a specified rpm so you dont bog or hit rev limmiter

Yeah I'll definitely be going with all of the safety features, wide open throttle switch and window switch are a definite.

Stormtrooper5.0

Established Member
Bump. What are y'all using for arming switches and purge switches? The Nitrous Outlet control panel? Or is there another one? I've only seen the Nitrous Outlet one. And are y'all putting them in that blank spot in the console?

Nitrous Outlet

Established Member
Safety wise, I would at least run a window/tps switch & FPSS. The progressive controller will give you some tunability traction wise, just make sure that the system you purchase has solenoids that can take the abuse of a progressive.

Stormtrooper5.0

Established Member
Safety wise, I would at least run a window/tps switch & FPSS. The progressive controller will give you some tunability traction wise, just make sure that the system you purchase has solenoids that can take the abuse of a progressive.

Yeah I'm definitely going to be using the window and FPSS switches. I don't really know anything about the progressive controllers. Just reading a little bit about them and wondering what everyone else thinks about them. Does y'all's switch panel work with any system?

Nitrous Outlet

Established Member
Yes, they will work with other systems. We can provide you a wiring diagram for most systems and component combinations.

Users who are viewing this thread