A/F ratio question

unclesams_svt

B.O.H.I.C.A
Established Member
I just put a AEM wideband gauge in my truck. Right now the truck is running like ***. I'm curious to know what A/F ratio everyone is running @ idle. Right now mine is so lean it doesn't even register on the gauge 17.4. I know my tune is all screwed up but I figured this may help in fixing it. :read:

tia

fullboogie

Established Member
Does the AEM have a calibrate function like the Innovate WB? If so, you may need to perform a calibration on your unit.

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
I keep calibrating my unit and every time it's out of spec, the test completes prematurely.

:lol: :lol:

Couldn't resist, sorry. IDK about the self cal thing, the WBC sweeps the needle when power is applied but there's no way to force it to calibrate that I know of. I find this odd as there would be no way of knowing when the sensor is reading faulty for sure, only knowing where it used to be and seeing it go south.

unclesams_svt

B.O.H.I.C.A
Established Member
Thanks Fade, it should be wrking fine it just came out of the box on sat. I'm betting that it is my tune. I just wanted to know where it should be.

Bootbox

Established Member
Did you ground the gauge to the battery? The AEM gauges are really really picky about their ground and AEM says you need to ground it directly to the battery. My friend just changed his and it reads completely different numbers now. (still safe, no worries)

Users who are viewing this thread