A/F ratio Q?

lgn_carter

Shenaniganz
Established Member
This is deffinately a Noob question, ive searched for the better part of 2 hours and cant find it.

when monitoring your A/f Ratio, Say on a 2000 L' with a 4# lower,

how do i know when to back off? what is the dangerous ratio at WOT, or simply 2nd gear?

i'm new to the Boost world and i read the FAQ and he said the most important thing is to monitor your A/F ratio (not a direct quote) but i dont know what is good and/or bad.

any input would be greatly appreciated, or if someone could kindly direct me to a Thread.

thanks guys:beer:

MJG

Established Member
Ideal A/F ratio when in WOT on your guage should be in the 11.6-11.7 range.
If you notice you are WOT and above that, say 12.3 or something, back off.
In cooler months, have a richer tune ready.

wydopnthrtl

Established Member
On a 4lb non-ported eaton low 12s is "safe". IMO I'd not be at WOT if seeing anything higher than a 13.0 when above 3500rpms. If your seeing 14s.. get the tune adjusted and stay out of it until you do.

Rich

lgn_carter

Shenaniganz
Established Member
so when im not in WOT it should be well under 12s?

...and what does IMO mean!!?!?!? been tryin to figure that out for a while!!

mcarbine

2003 L #2504
Established Member
IMO=in my opinion When you are just cruising around you want to be as close to 14.7 as possible which is stoicheometric (sp?). My wideband will fluctuate between about 14.5-15.2ish when idling and when Im cruising it bounces around a tad more but still averages about 14.7. Oh and WOT Im about 11.5-11.8

MJG

Established Member
Yes 14-15 under regular driving is ideal, and mid to high 11s when WOT.
This does not mean your bullet proof either, fuel pressure guage etc would also be a good idea

uncooked

Established Member
My 4lb lower canned diablo tune ( Innovate LC-1 WB) hovers around 14.0 - 14.4 cruising around with very light throttle. When I go WOT its rich, around 11.0.

:beer:

ZZZZAP

Striking twice
Established Member
FYI stoich for a forced induction vehicle is 14.7+/- . The lower the number the richer the mixture. The higher the number the leaner the mixture, it's always better to be rich than lean, but if it's too rich for too long it can damage plugs and in turn cause detonation. Like stated above somewhere around mid 11's is good for our trucks at WOT. If yours is in the 13's at WOT then you need a tune bad!

Users who are viewing this thread