a/f question?

warren

Established Member
i was at the dealership thi morning and was talking to the service manager about modding the cobra. i asked him if my warrentie would get voided if i changed out the throttlebody, headers and chip. he strongly sugested not to do anything w/ the car until the warrentie expires, because ford is really getting strict with warrentie issues. now he said ford tells them if theres anything wrong with the engine they tell them to yank the engine and ship it to them for inspection and if theres any mods, expect it to get voided.he only recomends exhaust upgrades (headers) and catbacks only as long as all 02 sensors arein place. he also said no off road exhausts either. he also stressed that there are alot of engine problems with the cobras ariseing even hi milage engines like pistonslap, the infamous tick, etc. well fellas i dont know about you but now im chickening out on my mods now i only plan now on just jba shorties for now and i already have a php intake. my question is with these 2 mods will my a/f ratio be screwed up and ill be needing some tuneing done anyway or can i do away with a chip and be running in the safe rang? any info would help. hpe i dont discourage anyone. thanks guys!!

Forbidden Snake

Established Member
A stock 03 cobra runs pretty rich from the factory. You shouldn't have any problems with just those few mods. When you start adding more boost, then you'll need to worry about the A/F.

Users who are viewing this thread