A/F issue? Where does this spring go to?

Bullyent

Established Member
good evening everyone, I’m having some idle and throttle issues. So my car has been sitting for a week and was driving perfectly fine. The most recent thing that I changed was a worn out clutch cable. Install went smoothly. So a week later I start my car and I notice it idles from 700-1200 up and down continuously. It doesn’t stop even when I put it in gear and start to go it still goes up and down and it causes it to jerk. So driving down the road on first gear it looks like my car stops then goes stops then goes. I go into 2nd gear and it’s the same thing. 3rd gear is a little better but does not jerk. I can still feel it hesitate. 4-5 it’s fine. Then back at neutral idle it does that 700-1200 thing again. I go to the back and hear a sputter. AFR was ready lean-11.5 at cruising. And high teens-20s at idle.

Cleaned MAF, IAC, (it has an egr delete) removes the negative terminal and put it back on, check all the fuel lines. I can hear the fuel pump prime. After cleaning, AFR reads 13.4-15.2. It steadys at 14.5-14.6 a week ago. Any info will be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread