A down payment for a Focus.

Jens03GT

Established Member
She cashed in the mustang as a down payment.

I went over to the dealership where I bought my car and the first thing that I saw when I walked in was a man sitting down with his wife and 3 kids. The kids were loud as hell bouncing all other this guy and then I saw that the wife was pregnant with another. Well I kept walking past them and then I heard the most horrible thing in the world.

"So, I much can we get for the Mustang?" I think my heart stopped. I over heard her say Ford Focus about three times. I turned and I swear I saw a tear fall from this mans eye. I thought that I was going to cry. That was so terrible. I felt that mans pain. :cryying:

Last edited:

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
In 1970, I talked my dad into selling his grabber green fastback mustang because I thought the seats were too small. He bought a station wagon! Now I have to work hard to avoid the same thing happening to me.

I don't know how happy they will be with 6 in a focus. Can anyone say minivan? That's my wife's vehicle and it is great at hauling lots of everything.

Minivan=useful

Cobra=fun

Jens03GT

Established Member
If I had kids I get an SUV before I got a minivan or, god help me, a focus. Station wagons and minivans are the devil.

Jens03GT

Established Member
My friend was talking the other day about a car seat fitting perfectly in the back seat of his TA. And we wouldn' t have to worry about selling it if he had kids. Would you really want your kids in the backseat of a cobra or TA- think about the diaper smell, they could spill stuff. GROSS! Oh and what happens a lot after you feed them..........:xpl:

Jens03GT

Established Member
He's lying. Although, I would not think they worth much more. What comes in one of those anyways.

Jens03GT

Established Member
Tell him to check under the hood to see if there is an engine before he decides to buy it. :idea:

Jens03GT

Established Member
Minivans are ugly. Horrible. Maybe for the women that aspire to be soccer moms. Yeah cool. Not me. I would stick with my expensive SUV and I would keep my GT too.

But You are right, more money for the Cobra. I like the way you think.

Last edited:

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
Alright , now you're asking for it.

I will take my $28,000 dollar minivan [purchased for $21,400] over a 50,000 SUV [20,000 overpriced].

When the C.A.F.E. standards toughened up back in the late 80s early 90s[not sure exactly when it started] the manufacturers discovered a loophole in C.A.F.E.. It was only for automobiles. So what did they do? They took cheapo truck frames and tacked some creature comforts into them and created the....tah dah!...SUV. Then they cranked up the advertising and convinced people that they were the new cool thing to drive. This took off unbelievably. The manufacturers just kept adding more carlike features and kept raising the prices. And with all the ads pushing SUVs, people bought more and more and the manufacturers pocketed more and more. Granted they have improved the looks and comforts to the point that they are similar to cars, but they were born in a mixture of manufacturer savvy, greed, and advertising.

Our minivan is totally useful. It drives well and handles great. We can fit our kids plus groceries or large purchases. I don't care what others think of our basic transportation and my wife loves it. So we will keep our '97 minivan with no payments. In three years when my oldest turns 16, maybe we will let her drive it and buy a pickup or [gasp] SUV.Probably a 1 year old one to let some one else take the huge depreciation hit.:)

LogiWorld123

Established Member
Originally posted by Jens03GT
Maybe for the women that aspire to be soccer moms. Yeah cool. Not me. I would stick with my expensive SUV and I would keep my GT too.

Soccer moms drive expensive SUVs now. BTW.

So what are you sayin? heh

Jens03GT

Established Member
Let me clerify, I do not have kids nor do I want any, however , if I did I would definitely not get a minivan. I would have an SUV.
And yeah, soccer moms where I am from drive SUVs. $wd definite plus.

Users who are viewing this thread