A Couple Super Close Runs From Last Night!

03zincyellowsvt

Established Member
:beer:

3 wide Door to door awesomness!

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLf0Wg-l5r4"]F1A Cobra vs Procharged Mustang GT vs Nitrous Mustang stroker vs H/C Ls1 - YouTube[/nomedia]

edit: idk how to embed so if anyone wants to, feel free

BM1

Established Member
Good runs. You might be a tad quicker with a twin screw over a centri if your motor is still completely stock.

Last edited:

03zincyellowsvt

Established Member
Good runs. You might be a tad quicker with a twin screw over a centri if your motor is still completely stock.

the plan was to build a motor for it eventually, what was killing me was that my m&h tires were too big and was killing my gearing. i borrowed my buddy's 275 40 nt05r drags and used those for the race, there is a night and day difference between the two.

BM1

Established Member
the plan was to build a motor for it eventually, what was killing me was that my m&h tires were too big and was killing my gearing. i borrowed my buddy's 275 40 nt05r drags and used those for the race, there is a night and day difference between the two.

Yeah gearing is critical on a centri car due to less boost in the lower to mid-RPM range. You would probably be in good shape with 3.73 gears and a 26" tire if you're in the 600-650 RWHP range. That gear/tire combo is good for +/-135 MPH trap speeds on 26" tires at the stock rev limit which is enough for that power level assuming your car is full weight.

I ran 4.10s in my centri Mach which was great for the street. I was into the power band in no time.

03zincyellowsvt

Established Member
Yeah gearing is critical on a centri car due to less boost in the lower to mid-RPM range. You would probably be in good shape with 3.73 gears and a 26" tire if you're in the 600-650 RWHP range. That gear/tire combo is good for +/-135 MPH trap speeds on 26" tires at the stock rev limit which is enough for that power level assuming your car is full weight.

I ran 4.10s in my centri Mach which was great for the street. I was into the power band in no time.

yea i put 4.10s in it and i rev to 6750rpm. with the 28" tires on it, i only trapped 123mph because the gearing difference i was so pissed lol

NA_Cobra

Established Member
yea i put 4.10s in it and i rev to 6750rpm. with the 28" tires on it, i only trapped 123mph because the gearing difference i was so pissed lol

600-650rwhp and 123mph traps. This is what I was trying to explain in a previous thread about Posi blowers vs centri blowers.

03zincyellowsvt

Established Member
well i switched tires and its good now, the sn 95 is the only one of us that goes to the track consistantly and on spray it went 10.7 at 131

Users who are viewing this thread