a couple roll races in my 2003 swapped notch

meats50

Established Member
Great vids and even better car!!!! Someday when time, space and money permit I'd like to do a Cobra swap in my LX, but keep the solid rear.

How is wheelhop in the lighter notch? Also, have you done much in the curves to notice a big difference?

I have zero wheel hop. I also have an 04 cobra and havent ever experienced wheel hop in it either fortunately.

my irs on the notch is stock save for 3.73 gears, polly diff bushing, diif brace and h&r race springs. I used the bilstein struts from the donor.

It handles really well in the curves. I dont have a sway bar on it yet. I still have to fab up some brackets for the sway bar mounts. The stock fox mounts had to be removed because the alternator sits right where the driver side mount used to be. but the front suspension is maximum motorsport tubular kmember and a arms, bumpsteer kit, coilover kit, and caster camber plates. I also used the cobra rack and steering shaft.

Traction will be an issue once the kenne bell is on. It already sort of is. lol. My plan is to take a second cradle i picked up and cut out about 3 inches of each side of the uprights to move the mounting point inside the frame. that way i can massage the wheel tubs and with the right offset wheel hopefully run a 315 on the rear. At that time if it all works im going to go to tubular control arms and coilover on the irs also. which will also knock off about 40lbs. right now I have a 275 mickey on a stock 17x9 04 cobra wheel on the back and its a tight fit.

Last edited:

mr.naldo

mr.naldo
Established Member
Nice notch man,Sure runs hard.
I eventually want to do the same swap into my fox.
Im amazed reading that you did your swap in a 1 car garage which motivated me on doing mine in my garage appose to taking it into a shop.
What would you say was the most difficult thing on making the swap work? or was it pretty much plug and play?

meats50

Established Member
hands down the wiring. And i did it the "easy" way. I bought an entire donor. And swapped the whole harness ove and basically spliced in the fox pigtails to make the power windows locks etc work. I kind of went allout tho too. I wired in the door chimes and when you open the doors the dome light comes on. Even the lights on the visor mirrors work. Once I figured out the basics of how to do the wiring it went very quick.

mr.naldo

mr.naldo
Established Member
I was scared you were going to say that lol,Sounds like a pain in the a** but as we see it brings great results.Thanks for the reply
P.s You should post more pics of the notch when its done :-D

meats50

Established Member
It probly would be easy for an experienced person. I hadnt done anything like that before. Like i said once i figured it out it wasnt bad at all. And ill post pics once its done (if its ever done) lol

sn94cobra

Corn-aholic
Established Member
Nice swap. These swaps are cool.

I am doing a 4v swap on my daughters black on black notch

Last edited:

meats50

Established Member
he has a 2.8 upper and 4# lower. I think he said it made 475hp and 525 tq. but yes the weight def helped me. my car weighs 3300 with a full tank of fuel. and in this video i have a little over an 1/8 of a tank.

kaz109

Established Member
I am so jealous!!! Love the car man...once i clear out some room I would love to do get a 87 notch and do a coyote 5.0 swap. ...congrats on the sweet ride

my92gt

Established Member
My friend and I started a terminator fox swap last year in July. Took us 3 months on our spare time to swap everything over from the 03 donor to his 93 GT. I told him I would help him with everything but the wiring. We stopped working on the car in October of last year and it still isn't complete. Wiring isn't something I do so he hasn't found the solution to his wiring problem. Is there any pointers u can give so I can attempt to wire up his car with working head/rear lights and ignition?? He pretty much has the full stock interior except for any heat/AC.

meats50

Established Member
There are alot of different ways to do it. If you use the whole 03/04 harness/gauges/and column like I did its alot easier but more fabrication work for the column and gauges. Or you can run the engine harness as basically a standalone system and the jus power a fuse block for the rest of the car off the ignition. If you do it this way you will have to eliminmate pats through the tune. but there are a million ways to do it in between these 2 methods. This is one of the best places to stat looking and asking questions. all in all I dont think the swap was that hard. Id love to do it again now that I know what im doing lol.

Modular V8 and V10 Conversions and Swaps

Josh93

Established Member
My friend and I started a terminator fox swap last year in July. Took us 3 months on our spare time to swap everything over from the 03 donor to his 93 GT. I told him I would help him with everything but the wiring. We stopped working on the car in October of last year and it still isn't complete. Wiring isn't something I do so he hasn't found the solution to his wiring problem. Is there any pointers u can give so I can attempt to wire up his car with working head/rear lights and ignition?? He pretty much has the full stock interior except for any heat/AC.

Did you wire the car using the entire cobra harness or wiring the engine computer to run on its on? PM me if you want. Ill walk you through how I done mine

OP, nice car and seems like it runs strong for the mods. I built my car in my backyard for the most part, put the engine in in my shop then right back out. Finished it 2 months after I turned 19. Took me about 3 months working on my off days on it. Sure was worth the time and money.

my92gt

Established Member
First I all sorry to the OP for thread jacking. Back to the original question from josh93 everything from the 03 cobra was transferred over. Kept stock interior though. Basically what we have left now is the electrical work. I'd really like to get this car on the road. Josh93 I will PM you and thanks for the will to help us.

Users who are viewing this thread