A Couple Questions for PA L.E.O's, or anyone else.

weareweird69

SVT Addict.
Established Member
This is Kindof long and I appreciate all that will read it, and maybe comment. so If you could, just read thru it before you jump to a conclusion. Thank you. :read: Grab a coke, and a :pop: This one is kinda interesting...

Well, just tonight, I was pulled over for window tint, ok, big deal right? Well, he turned my wonderful night home from work at 12 midnight, into a one hour ordeal...

**edited by moderator-read the rules flaming L.E.O.s is NOT permitted**

He wrote me up for windows, ok, big deal, i asked for it... But I dont know how he can pull me over for tinted windows, when its pitch black outside, and he doesn't shine ANY amount of light thru my windows. (he was sitting in a parking lot, without any of his lights on)
Then he proceeds to write me up for no heat sheilds on my stacks on my F-250... Ok, whatever.... Ill fight that one, because idk who in their right mind is going to be close enough to them to touch them at 60mph, and at idle, they are cool to the touch...

OK, important here! Were currently out of his jurisdiction now, when he "saw" me I was in the borough jurisdiction, but currently where I sit, on the side of a 4-lane highway. It is not the Jurisdiction of the borough police.

But as i goto leave, I pull out-back onto the road, quickly, as to avoid being hit by anything that was hidden by his police car, (I had a few rigs go zipping by and shake my truck pretty bad) and not even 2 seconds later, hes behind me again, lights and sirens, flipping out, and i mean FLIPPIN OUT!

I pull back over, and with an utter look of shock on my face, before i can get a word out...

He practically runs out of his car, after he almost rear-ends me! :eek: Screaming at me. No im not exaggerating, he was actually screaming at me, he was hard to understand! But anyway, he Asked (screamed) me why I was "trying to jack him off" yes, I quoted that. He's pulled my brother over with me in the truck, and he's said the same exact thing...

But he ticketed me for not signaling back onto the road, but he yelled that at me, as he demanded my information again because he was obviously extremely ticked off that I didnt feel like getting hit by an oncoming car... I took off quickly, but without tire spin, and no hopping etc etc. and Yes i didnt use my signal. ...but...

To the question, Is it legal for him to pull me over a 2nd time, within a few seconds of each other, and ticket me again, just out of pure rage? I mean, he had the viens coming out of his neck, and everything! He practically threw the ticket at me.

NOT to mention, hes dating the magistrate's Judge... Whom is proven crooked... The police force in my town is an utter disgrace to the state. I made a phone call to the state police, and when I said blairsville, he sighed, and told me they couldnt do anything. I know a few dozen people that have complained to the PSP about this place...

Needless to say, sure, my trucks not exactly legit, but, I abide the rules of the road, dont torment people, and dont even ask for it. I was actually going the posted speed of 50mph on the road. He stated he pulled me over for windows, (the first time) even though they were DOWN when he came up to my truck. He made me put them up. I dont want to sit here and rag on the officer, because honestly, I could go all night, and I know you guys wouldn't appreciate that.

But help me out here, it was after midnight, I work 2nd shift, all I wanted to do was go home, and I end up spending an hour, and 300 dollars later just because of "problems" with my truck.

Is there anything I can do to fight these? even just the turn signal one.

And sure, I know theres two sides to every story, but I didnt sugar coat anything, and all that horse crap to make me look like a golden boy. If you wanna flame me, then by all means, go for it. Im just looking for some advice to deal with my situation for an officer that needs to nit pick, and threaten others. Not to mention one that lets his anger, and hatred get into the way of what hes supposed to be doing....

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
He is a police officer under the law of the state, so he was within the law to stop you. More importantly you committed the crime in his assigned jurisdiction.

It is perfectly legal for him to pull you over for your second violation and ticket you! You dont get a time limit freebie.

Needless to say when you drive a truck that is not exactly legit you invite the police to pull you over. That is a freebie.

You got every ticket you earned.

If you feel that he acted inappropriate file a complaint with his department.

BTW, read the rules before posting again. Flaming, Derogatory comments and/or Flippant remarks about L.E. and/or L.E.O.s is not permitted.

GT Shadow '03

Established Member
But as i goto leave, I pull out-back onto the road, quickly, as to avoid being hit by anything that was hidden by his police car, (I had a few rigs go zipping by and shake my truck pretty bad) and not even 2 seconds later, hes behind me again, lights and sirens, flipping out, and i mean FLIPPIN OUT!

Sorry to hear about your run in w/the law, sounds like he was defintely bored and looking for something to do................

In regards to your statement above, sounds like from his perspective, you took-off in a hurry (as if pissed-off for the ticket) and since you didn't use your signal, (like making a right turn is an option) he used it as a reason to pull you back over. But, it truely sounds like you sped-off pretty quickly and it obviously pissed him off! Although, I understand your point of view, sounds like you were pulled over on I-80 and sometimes it's the only way to safely return back onto the hwy.

Do the local police have Video in their cars - it would certainly prove he did not conduct himself in a professional manner?

"He practically runs out of his car, after he almost rear-ends me! Screaming at me. No im not exaggerating, he was actually screaming at me, he was hard to understand! But anyway, he Asked (screamed) me why I was "trying to jack him off" yes, I quoted that. He's pulled my brother over with me in the truck, and he's said the same exact thing..."

Good thing you had enough sense not to mouth off to him, sounds like he was ready for a confrontation and w/o video, it would be your word against his.

I would either find another way home, remove tint from truck windows, or don't drive the truck around locally. He'll be looking for you no doubt. These type of L.E.O give the profession a bad name.

Couldn't hurt to make a court date and at least explain your side and his demeanor, although he may then make a point of pulling you over everytime he sees you. I'm guessing he is fairly young?

Good Luck!
Gary

weareweird69

SVT Addict.
Established Member
FordSVTFan said:
He is a police officer under the law of the state, so he was within the law to stop you. More importantly you committed the crime in his assigned jurisdiction.

It is perfectly legal for him to pull you over for your second violation and ticket you! You dont get a time limit freebie.

Needless to say when you drive a truck that is not exactly legit you invite the police to pull you over. That is a freebie.

You got every ticket you earned.

If you feel that he acted inappropriate file a complaint with his department.

BTW, read the rules before posting again. Flaming, Derogatory comments and/or Flippant remarks about L.E. and/or L.E.O.s is not permitted.

The 2nd time he wasnt in his jurisdiction. And yeah, I read the rules. Thats why I kept from flaming. etc

Mt Twigbert

Established Member
Well.... Quite the story....

- My take on this is even though he 'first saw you' in another jurisdiction he can still pull you over for those same violations as soon as you enter his jurisdiction..

- You know as well as I do that its not hard to judge how dark window tint is.. Your whole 'he didn't have lights on and couldn't see' won't fly..

- Can he pull you over for not using a signal.. Thats a good question.. In my area you don't have to signal unless other traffic is around.. On top of that your not using a signal has to cause another driver to take action (ie. break, change lanes). I guess my question to you was there any other traffic around?

- I've been a cop long enough to know theres 'your' side of the story, 'his' side of the story and the truth.. IF what your saying is accurate I've venture to say that cop was a bit off w/ his actions.. However, we are all human and have bad days.. I think him picking on you for minor equipment violations is a bit cheesy but some departments have no crime. You ride around in a car for 40 hours a week with nothing to do and you'll start to write tickets just to pass time.. I however don't have this problem because I work in the inner city and don't have time for traffic violations.. I'm too busy responding to two crack heads fighting or the whiteboy who got robbed when he came into the city to find a prostitute..

- A little story for you.. I pull a guy over last night for running a red light.. I'm thinking maybe I can get some drugs or a gun so what the hell I'll make the stop.. Upon approaching the car I'm met by a super nice and very cooperative driver.. I get his name and run him with DOT.. He comes back with a revoked DL status which in many departments they arrest for this offense.. On top of that he had a municipal warrant.. On top of that the license plate on the vehicle was confirmed stolen.. Now most cops would have this guy hooked up and thrown in the back of thier squad already.. I go back up to him and explain all that I have.. Hes saying hes sorry up and down and just being very polite to me, as he should or I'd toss his ass in jail.. Needless to say I let him go away with 1 ticket for display unauthorized registration plate.. 1 ticket out of the 6+ in total I could have written and I let him go on his warrant..

ATTITUDE is everything.. You can get out of ALOT of tickets by just being super duper nice to the cop.. I often let people go because I have a hard time giving a ticket to a hard working, tax paying, law abiding citizen who just made a minor traffic violation..

Hope it helps..

weareweird69

SVT Addict.
Established Member
GT Shadow '03 said:
Do the local police have Video in their cars - it would certainly prove he did not conduct himself in a professional manner?

Good thing you had enough sense not to mouth off to him, sounds like he was ready for a confrontation and w/o video, it would be your word against his.

I would either find another way home, remove tint from truck windows, or don't drive the truck around locally. He'll be looking for you no doubt. These type of L.E.O give the profession a bad name.

Couldn't hurt to make a court date and at least explain your side and his demeanor, although he may then make a point of pulling you over everytime he sees you. I'm guessing he is fairly young?

Good Luck!
Gary

I dont know if they have video, ill make it a point to find out,

And as far as another way home, Im going to start driving my other truck to work, and switch up my ways home. He targets people with nicer vehicles. Theres still a few cars running around this town, (for years/months) with only a third brake light as a stop warning device.

Yes, its a shame that these type, have to ruin the image of the law. I know many a state troopers that are more than happy to help you out. :thumbsup:

Yeah, Im going to make a court date for one or two of them, just to express the fact of his attitude, and yes, hes fairly young. Mid-late 20's. And he is already on the pulling me over every time gig, he does it to my brother. It Never fails.

weareweird69

SVT Addict.
Established Member
Mt Twigbert said:
Well.... Quite the story....

- My take on this is even though he 'first saw you' in another jurisdiction he can still pull you over for those same violations as soon as you enter his jurisdiction..

- You know as well as I do that its not hard to judge how dark window tint is.. Your whole 'he didn't have lights on and couldn't see' won't fly..

- Can he pull you over for not using a signal.. Thats a good question.. In my area you don't have to signal unless other traffic is around.. On top of that your not using a signal has to cause another driver to take action (ie. break, change lanes). I guess my question to you was there any other traffic around?

- I've been a cop long enough to know theres 'your' side of the story, 'his' side of the story and the truth.. IF what your saying is accurate I've venture to say that cop was a bit off w/ his actions.. However, we are all human and have bad days.. I think him picking on you for minor equipment violations is a bit cheesy but some departments have no crime. You ride around in a car for 40 hours a week with nothing to do and you'll start to write tickets just to pass time.. I however don't have this problem because I work in the inner city and don't have time for traffic violations.. I'm too busy responding to two crack heads fighting or the whiteboy who got robbed when he came into the city to find a prostitute..

- A little story for you.. I pull a guy over last night for running a red light.. I'm thinking maybe I can get some drugs or a gun so what the hell I'll make the stop.. Upon approaching the car I'm met by a super nice and very cooperative driver.. I get his name and run him with DOT.. He comes back with a revoked DL status which in many departments they arrest for this offense.. On top of that he had a municipal warrant.. On top of that the license plate on the vehicle was confirmed stolen.. Now most cops would have this guy hooked up and thrown in the back of thier squad already.. I go back up to him and explain all that I have.. Hes saying hes sorry up and down and just being very polite to me, as he should or I'd toss his ass in jail.. Needless to say I let him go away with 1 ticket for display unauthorized registration plate.. 1 ticket out of the 6+ in total I could have written and I let him go on his warrant..

ATTITUDE is everything.. You can get out of ALOT of tickets by just being super duper nice to the cop.. I often let people go because I have a hard time giving a ticket to a hard working, tax paying, law abiding citizen who just made a minor traffic violation..

Hope it helps..

Thank you. Yes attitude is everything, and i swear i could have hiked my skirt (if i were of female persuasion) and he'd write me up for bribery.

And I must say, I wish you were a police officer here!!!

As for the turn signal. Not a car in sight, at least, thats what he told me. as he screamed at me for not using my turn signal :dw:

He got me the first time inside his jurisdiction, and the 2nd time outside of it.

As far as the equipment violations, thats all he does. We get quite a few large crimes here, for being such a small town. Drugs, guns, murder even. But all this one does is equipment violations, can hear him all night long pulling people for window tint. Usually those all lead to more equipment violations, and usually nothing else.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
weareweird69 said:
The 2nd time he wasnt in his jurisdiction. And yeah, I read the rules. Thats why I kept from flaming. etc

I explained the jurisdiction non-issue. I had to edit your post to remove the derogatory comments.

weareweird69

SVT Addict.
Established Member
I know this is old, but I finally had my court date on the 8th of this month and had an update for you. Incase that this might be helpful for others.

For how the officer handled the traffic stop (for the turn signal) and where it was located, the ticket was thrown out.

For the exhaust Looked up the code for it (175.75 (b) (4)) I think thats it, but its in the inspection code for PA. States that "on exposed exhaust a vehicle must be equpiied with adequate heat sheilds, or a protective system" I basically explained my exhaust, and how it works, and location of it in relation to the passenger compartment and how its inside the bed, and how hot it actually gets with a temp guage. Had the ticket thrown out.

I didnt fight the window tint. Plead guilty, paid the fine.

Sorry if This post is useless or cluttering, but I was hoping maybe this would help someone in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread