A/C Problem!! Please Help!

Frogger

Established Member
I both my car year ago, and it was december so i never checked A/C if it was working. When Summer came i realize that a/c is not working and is blowing hot air. I checked what i could check, i both gages to check pressure, checked if it turns on.

It looks like everything is working like it should system is full of the fluid , but it just blow hot air not cold.I took apart the controlls and everything seems to be fine there. I checked in the engine for compressor and it turns when a/c is on. I have no cluse what can be bad please let me know if you had same problem or how to fix it, withouth paying big bucks at Fords Dealership.

SvtSmitty

Established Member
does the compressor cycle on and stay on? does the drier build up condensation on it after running a/c for 5 -10 minutes? and does it (the drier)feel cool to the touch? if ya like ya can swing by my work, its in wilmington ma. and i can throw a set of gauges on it for ya,just pm me

blackmagic

Established Member
check the cycling switch near the firewall. mine had the same problems you are having, and that fixed it for me. should look something like this......
36485.jpg

kezell

MW3-kezell17
Established Member
you can jump the low pressure switch for a second to see if the compressor kicks on, if so then you a probably just low on freon<---spelling?

Frogger

Established Member
compressor cycle,drier build up, but does not feel cold after 5 to 10 minutes. Everything seems to work, but i am getting hot air. I checked with gages level of freon and its good. I checked swithes and took apart some dash parts but when you turn the A/C switch on you can hear that a/c turns on.

I will check cycling switch today see if that will help.

aaron427

Established Member
Frogger said:
compressor cycle,drier build up, but does not feel cold after 5 to 10 minutes. Everything seems to work, but i am getting hot air. I checked with gages level of freon and its good. I checked swithes and took apart some dash parts but when you turn the A/C switch on you can hear that a/c turns on.

I will check cycling switch today see if that will help.
Not to hijack your thread but I am haveing a similar problem. I bought the car and just now am checking the AC well it doesn't work so I figure it is low on freon. Well today my brother calls me and says that it is puking oil looking stuff(kindof green) out of the side. Looks like something is missing off the compressor? What could that be? Have you checked for other leaks? Summer is here and I need AC>> thanks.

SvtSmitty

Established Member
with gauges hooked up and system running whats your high and low pressure readings? low side should drop and high side should slowly raise up,needles should stay steady and not bounce around ,you can call for more info if ya like i work in a garage and have been doing truck a/cs for a few years now,if your compressor stays running ,with gauges on low pressure should drop and high side should build up,the exact numbers arent important just that they do change when compressor is running,if compressor stays running and pressures look good its got to be a problem with the door in the duct or a control problem ,if it blows air warmer than ambient temperature its prolly stuck in the heat position

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
blackmagic said:
check the cycling switch near the firewall. mine had the same problems you are having, and that fixed it for me. should look something like this......
36485.jpg

good post@ thats what the problem is most likely!

Frogger

Established Member
I have replace cycling switch. Thta did not help at all, then i went to see my friend Dan, and he checked everything with gages. He said the problem is electrical not mechanical.

Any more ideas what that can be ?

My compresor is not leaking, its full of freon. Everything mechanical starts and works like it should but i am still having problems. Anuy more ideas please let me know.

Last edited:

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
Frogger said:
I have replace cycling switch. Thta did not help at all, then i went to see my friend Dan, and he checked everything with gages. He said the problem is electrical not mechanical.

Any more ideas what that can be ?

My compresor is not leaking, its full of freon. Everything mechanical starts and works like it should but i am still having problems. Anuy more ideas please let me know.
thats weird, there isnt a whole lot electrical to making them work. I would have thought for sure it was the cycling switch, I have sen that on several occasions. I wish I could help more, good luck with it.

My Cobra

Gigidy Gigidy Gigidy
Established Member
how hard is it to put in that lower pressure switch or cycling switch? any write ups? I ordereed one cause i was told that is what i need and they want 40 bucks to put it in.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
It should just unscrew from its location. I think you might have to use an open end wrench or something big. Put its really not that hard.

Matt

Frogger

Established Member
Cycling switch cost me $16 bucks at pep boys. Instalation takes about 3 minutes, easy to install.

Frogger

Established Member
I will just try to talk someone whos works with a/c all day, or just make an apoitment with Ford . I know i did all i could, now i will just listen what they will tell me.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread