A/C Line??

saleensc281

Established Member
:??:My A/C line is leaking, its the one that is on the left side...the rubber line that connects to the small little canister looking thing. My A/C was running a bit hot, so I charged it. After letting it run, I shut it down. I heard a small hissing noise...come to find out this orange colored goo was leaking from the rubber hose. The hose appears to have heat cracked from touching the downpipe on the turbo...stupid me..I know. My question is...can I patch it using a rubber adhiesive...like a tire patch kit or etc? Would it withstand the pressure or do I need a new hose? If I need a new hose.....could I replace it myself..and how much would it run? Any advice would be great....thanks!!

kintek

Rollin with the Sixxer
Established Member
Its best to get a new hose and its not hard to get the A/C lines off, you just have to fight the stupid circle spring that is inside the connector. I just pulled all the A/C lines and dryer out of mine last week.

The dryer is your small black tank that is on the passengerside near the firewall. Make sure you get the disconnect tools to pull the lines, but you will need to discharge the A/C before you do this. If you have a discharge kit you can do it easier and if you put new Freon in this last time your self then it shouldn't be that hard to do.

I believe I used the blue disconnect tool and black disconnect tool, to pop that line off of mine. I used the red disconnect tool to pull the bottom line of the condensor (it ran from the firewall straight to the condensor).

I hope this helps.

If the lines are not wanting to come apart, dip the disconnect tool in a bit of oil, just enough to be visable. Then put it on and push it in and out a couple times. It should free the spring up a bit more and then it will pop off easy when you pull on the disconnect tool and line.

Users who are viewing this thread