a/c issues

44shelby

Established Member
My a/c only blows through the defrost. I have checked the vacuum line coming out of the fire wall and it is good and intact. Is there a blend door actuator on these cars and if so where is it at and what does it look like?

robvas

Established Member
Mine was one of these two

Attachments

• IMG_3560.jpeg
    IMG_3560.jpeg
    109.5 KB · Views: 43

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
no. It will only work on defrost. it doesnt matter what the setting is. If it is anything other than the off position it is blowing out the defroster
it's not your air conditioner it's your whole system. I believe there is a door like mechanism that selects the zone the air flows through. sounds like that's stuck.

44shelby

Established Member
it's not your air conditioner it's your whole system. I believe there is a door like mechanism that selects the zone the air flows through. sounds like that's stuck.
Well, I fixed it this morning. I went and purchased a mityvac and pulled the line off the y adapter then pulled some vacuum on it. The car sat for 6 months so I'm sure that the door was stuck, and it wasn't pulling enough vacuum off the side of the blower to open it.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
Well, I fixed it this morning. I went and purchased a mityvac and pulled the line off the y adapter then pulled some vacuum on it. The car sat for 6 months so I'm sure that the door was stuck, and it wasn't pulling enough vacuum off the side of the blower to open it.
glad it was an easy fix

Users who are viewing this thread