A/C installation

TommyPizza

Established Member
I was wondering if anyone has ever put A/C into their car. My notch has no A/C and since I moved to Florida I need it. I have seen the kit of 50resto for $800. Was wondering if anyone has done this. And if so, how hard was it and does it work good? Or would it be better to keep trying to sell my car in NJ and find something else in Florida.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Did the car once have AC?

If it did the LMR kit works just fine. Only thing not included is a new evaporator, which is under the dash. Sucks, but it's best to install a new one while installing new every thing else. While you have the dash out, might as well do the heater core right there also.

I got the kit sitting on my work bench. A local guy bought it, and blew his engine 500 miles later. He then parted out the car. I got it for $400. :)

TommyPizza

Established Member
When I bought it, there was no AC. So I'm not sure. I know I gotta fix some stuff in there bc only my defroster works and only hot air is blown out. Will be doing a motor swap also.

2003_svtcobra

Established Member
funnycaracunit550x550.jpg

thepizz

OP is a good person
Established Member
The car is an original 4cyl with a 5.0 put in it by previous owner. Not sure whether or not it ever had A/C.

cotchnobra

Established Member
Just make sure you vacuum the system for about a half hour and let it sit for another half hour to make sure the system holds a vacuum. If you don't the AC won't work and you will probably screw up the compressor. Pulling a vacuum on the system remove air and moisture which will kill the ac system.

Users who are viewing this thread