A/C hasn't been working ever since Re man engine swap

JDUB348

Established Member
Just curious if any of you may have a clue as to whats causing my A/C not to work. I did not pop any A/C lines when i did the engine swap, so i wouldn't think the A/C needs to be recharged. Is there any specific fuses i should look for?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
did the compressor get plugged back in correctly? Are the high and low port sensor harnesses plugged in?

just to be clear though, the itll blow air out the vents it just doesnt get cold?

do you ever hear the compressor click on at all?

big dad

Established Member
Did it work before the engine swap? If so, what did you forget to hook up? Retrace your work.

JDUB348

Established Member
did the compressor get plugged back in correctly? Are the high and low port sensor harnesses plugged in?

just to be clear though, the itll blow air out the vents it just doesnt get cold?

do you ever hear the compressor click on at all?

Where are the compressor and high/low port sensors located? And I'm not sure weather or not I can hear it kick on

But exactly.. Air comes out of vents,just doesn't get cold

Did it work before the engine swap? If so, what did you forget to hook up? Retrace your work.

Yes it did work before the swap.. Looking like I gotta get the car up in the air again

MBoyle1

redfire
Established Member
Sounds like you didn't plug something in right! Do you have a gauge set to see if you still have refrigerent?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
id check the electrical connector on the side of the compressor, make sure its all the way on

the low pressure switch youll see screwed onto the dryer (its canister with all the ac lines on the firewall, pass side). The think the high pressure side has a cutoff as well, its at the front on the pass side kinda between the headlight and radiator...itll have a little black cap on the port. Id check those three things then if they check out you need to verify freon charge, coulda bumped something and caused a leak or something

Users who are viewing this thread