A/C Belt

deepsouthtech

Established Member
Did I get the wrong one b/c I don't see anyway to get this "walked" onto the pulleys

motorcraft jk6-342

deepsouthtech

Established Member
Not too bad once I read the manual and removed the tensioner to get it out of the way.

Ron Mexico

Deploying SVT Poster
Established Member
Good work.

gi-joe-the-battle-shirt.jpg

deepsouthtech

Established Member
Just to let any other retards such as myself know, you can't walk it on from the front of the crank pulley.

S197OnSpray

Established Member
Would this help the tick from the "stretchy ac belt" tsb? I hate bringing my car into the dealer so if I can id rather replace it myself

The tsb you're referring to replaces the whole front timing cover and adds an idler pulley, tensioner, and a longer single belt. This takes the stretchy belt out of the equation. The good thing about the tsb is you get a new style front cover which is smooth and has all of the ribs removed. The belt hits the ribs on the front cover causing a slight knocking noise so I would take it in for the new style just to get the new cover if it was me. Problem I had is the new tensioner and pulley are in the spot where the supercharger bracket goes. I removed both of those and put a new stretchy belt on which is a real pain in the ass to get on. I have not had the noise come back from the stretchy belt after replacing it with the new cover however. So the new style cover may be the fix by itself.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread