a burning question?

Ribossman

Established Member
Couple of months ago engine light came on brought it to the dealer they said engine was down almost three quarts of oil so they ask any leaks in driveway or plums of blue smoke ..neither? So they put dye in oil to track it where it was going, drive it a 1000bill miles and bring it back, I was away so told my son to drive it local to rack up miles 1300 miles later I brought it back to dealer they want 1000 not more or less so got new oil change and while I was waiting a tech pulled me aside and said they think it might be the rings if it is they would put a new motor in SO million dollar question is do I change motor so car now will not have matching numbers or fight to have them rebuild motor or possible new car the tech said earlier bosses had ring problems and they are starting to see more and more

Mr. Freeze

Established Member
New motor, i doubt a rebuild will be done right unless you they a machine shop to clean it up. I havent read of any ring problems but then again you never know since the car has only been out for a year and half now.

Users who are viewing this thread