A 4 valve revving to 8k?

Sinister_4valve

So, hear me out on this. There's nothing more joyful than a kid spazing uncontrollably from a freight train of excitement smackin' em when someone let's their race car loose in front of them. I know, because I was that kid at car shows lmao. I have a 98 Cobra with a minor mod list that I absolutely love, and it's quite the crowd pleaser in my neck of the woods. I want it to rev out to 8k or better and I've heard these 4v's love to rev. How would one go about doing that? It already revs out to 7600 with no issues. I don't even feel bad vibrations that high out. Despite that, I'm leery of raising the limiter because although a V8 revving unnaturally high sounds amazing, the aftermath wouldn't, at all .
IMG_e4pkcf.jpeg
Screenshot_20190126-232140_Samsung%20Notes.jpeg
20181227_132322.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I spin 8k reg at the track. Stock ecu limits are gonna be reached in that area though

chao5.0

Established Member
Unless you have an intake and cams that make power that high you are doing nothing at 7600rpm. Stock intake peaks in the early 6000rpm range and falls off not long after. If you want to make power while spinning that high its going to take more than bolt-ons and a tuner. Start doing some research and saving money, there is no direct answer to your question.

scottydsntknow

Established Member
Beat me to it. I would be terrified to turn a bama tuned car to stock redline much less 7600...

I shift my tuned stock 99 4V at 7200 and that's probably even too high. Redline is set at 7500.

Users who are viewing this thread