99 will not start!!

99cobranix

Rice Eater
Established Member
:shrug: Hey guys, I have a 99 that will not start. I installed a diablo yesterday, and it ran fine, I went to start it this morning, and it turns over but that's it. I troubleshot any codes that I might have and the only one was theft. Also, my wife has my original key, so I was using a spare key. Do you think this is the reason? I went to the diablo website, and entered the code P1262 and this is what it said:

Cylinder No. 2 High To Low Side Short

Cylinder No. 2 High To Low Side Short
Short circuit
Possible causes are:
This DTC may be caused by :
Harness wiring
Fuel Injector
DIDM
Inspect connectors for signs of damage, water ingress, corrosion, etc.
Follow the routines in the service manual to resolve the DTC listed.

Can anybody please help me here?

Last edited:

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
try connecting one end of some jumper cables to the negative battery terminal and the other end to some spot on the engine.

if it starts, your ground wire is loose, ****ed up, or undone.

id start there.

have you tried flashing the original tune back in?

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
yeah, im not terribly familiar with that stuff, so i suggested putting the stock tune back.

venomboysvt

Established Member
Try disconnecting the negative battery for half an hour this might reset all DTC codes and PATS codes. I had a similar problemwith SCT tune and it blew out my transducer ring, the warranty covered it but a pain in the ass.

99cobranix

Rice Eater
Established Member
YOU'RE NOT GOING TO BELIEVE THIS!!!! I spent the better part of the day checking connections, searching for a short, replacing my battery cables....And it was just the spare key ford made me!!! When my wife got home and I used my regular key, it started right up! Thanks for all of the advice you guys gave so quickly though.

99flblackcobra

slow cobra
Established Member
My car would not start one day too. It seem like it was not getting gas because it turned over. We check the connection on the fuel pump and check the gas cap to make sure it was right [ had that problem before when I first put gas in the car and I did not put the cap on right . ] We locked the doors with the remote and unlocked it and the car started . it has never done it sence.

01ZincCobra

Established Member
99cobranix said:
YOU'RE NOT GOING TO BELIEVE THIS!!!! I spent the better part of the day checking connections, searching for a short, replacing my battery cables....And it was just the spare key ford made me!!! When my wife got home and I used my regular key, it started right up! Thanks for all of the advice you guys gave so quickly though.

Your spare key probably has to be programmed to the computer, I had the same problem when I replaced my computer as my keys needed reprogrammed to the new computer.

AzianStang

Third Eye Slanted
Established Member
01ZincCobra said:
Your spare key probably has to be programmed to the computer, I had the same problem when I replaced my computer as my keys needed reprogrammed to the new computer.
So the Diablos are programmed to the key used when programming? :??:

Users who are viewing this thread