'99 vs. '01 catback

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Any difference between the "fix" catback on the '99 and the "regular" '01 catback? I did find the '01 is in two "assemblies". RS and LS muffler assemblies.

TIA

mike99

Established Member
Actually, the 99 fix cat back is louder and flows better than the stock 01 exhaust... I have swapped these two back and forth on two different cars. The 01 is much quieter...

fangstang

Established Member
I find that very hard to believe. If anything, the 99 will flow AS much as the 2001 catback AFTER the fix.

mike99

Established Member
PJ951 on BON Cobra forum has a 2001 and is running my post fix exhaust... it's louder. Since I took the Bassani off my 99 I needed a cat back so pj951 gave me the cat back off his 2001 - it is very quiet!

Maybe I'll put the 2003 exhaust on the 99 when I swap the bassani in the 03!

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by mike99
Maybe I'll put the 2003 exhaust on the 99 when I swap the bassani in the 03!
I wouldn't recommend that, mike...the '03 catback is corked up with bends and baffles...

COBRA90GT

The Joe is rockin'
Established Member
Originally posted by Avenging Angel

What he said... Just get some Magnapacks.

They don't (Magnaflow) offer a 99+ Magnapack catback. BUT you can get the "regular" Magnaflow catback system for a 99+ snake :) OR, you could do what a buddy of mine did, order the 99+ Magnaflow catback along with 2 Magnapack mufflers (round) & sell the Magnaflow mufflers (oval) to someone and just use the Magnapack mufflers in place of where the oval ones would go! :) It sounds great IMHO...but obviously costs a lot more to go that route, which is why the "regular" Magnaflow catback system sounds just as good :)

My.02

Daniel Moran

Established Member
My neighbor has a black 99 Cobra coupe with the fix and I'd say it sounded (prior to blowing his engine) identical to my stock 01 Cobra.

Users who are viewing this thread