99 T/A vs 03 Cobra - Round III

TrickStang37

Established Member
alright, I raced my friends T/A once again.

Round 1 went to him when I was bone stock vs his T/A. We went from 40-120 I lost by 1/2 car. His mods were lid, k&n, longtubes, custom cam, o/r y pipe, corsa catback, pulley, injectors and a tune. His car at the time had a really dirty air filter and he kept his cutout closed.

Round 2 went to me. I had all my current mods minus 315 tires. I had him by about 1.5 cars, same speeds. This is with the same mods but with his cutout open and clean air filter.

Round 3 was tonight. He added 4.10 gears and 315's in the back. (BTW, my Vredestein 315's on my car look more like 300's in comparaison to his BFG kd's). This time we took witnesses with us. My twin brother went in his T/A (140 lbs.) and I took my other friend (180 lbs). We both had completely full tanks of gas this time as well. We ran from about 30-35 mph in second (I gave him the pick in speed/rpm to start). We went on 3 honks and through second we were dead even until he shifted and I gained about 1/2 car as I wound out second. The shift to third cost me almost 1/4 car but then inched out to about 3/4 car then he shifted to 4th and fell back to about 1 car back and was slowly falling back. I went to 4th and held to about 125 where I had about 1 1/2 cars on him and was slowly walking.

It was a very good run, we're going to lining up at the track on saturday at sacramento. Its Grudge Night, I have a feelin he's gonna take me (based on the launch). But it should be close!

Last edited:

SCSn95Cobra

Established Member
good kills, deaths, but that just dont seem righ(rounds 1) he should been at 400rwhp and u 350-360rwhp and weight 200lbs more..., he just should have pulled you more the first race(3-4 cars and pulling good) because a cutouts only worth like 3-5rwhp

16kOrBust

Established Member
Very nice kills! Definitely weird that a cammed LS1 lost to a bone stock Cobra, but driving and other factors go a long way on the street! Let us know how it goes at the track. Vids!

TrickStang37

Established Member
good kills, deaths, but that just dont seem righ(rounds 1) he should been at 400rwhp and u 350-360rwhp and weight 200lbs more..., he just should have pulled you more the first race(3-4 cars and pulling good) because a cutouts only worth like 3-5rwhp

i agree, its weird, but thats the way it went.

THAITED

Established Member
alright, I raced my friends T/A once again.

Round 1 went to him when I was bone stock vs his T/A. We went from 40-120 I lost by 1/2 car. His mods were lid, k&n, longtubes, custom cam, o/r y pipe, corsa catback, pulley, injectors and a tune. His car at the time had a really dirty air filter and he kept his cutout closed.

Round 2 went to me. I had all my current mods minus 315 tires. I had him by about 1.5 cars, same speeds. This is with the same mods but with his cutout open and clean air filter.

Round 3 was tonight. He added 4.10 gears and 315's in the back. (BTW, my Vredestein 315's on my car look more like 300's in comparaison to his BFG kd's). This time we took witnesses with us. My twin brother went in his T/A (140 lbs.) and I took my other friend (180 lbs). We both had completely full tanks of gas this time as well. We ran from about 30-35 mph in second (I gave him the pick in speed/rpm to start). We went on 3 honks and through second we were dead even until he shifted and I gained about 1/2 car as I wound out second. The shift to third cost me almost 1/4 car but then inched out to about 3/4 car then he shifted to 4th and fell back to about 1 car back and was slowly falling back. I went to 4th and held to about 125 where I had about 1 1/2 cars on him and was slowly walking.

It was a very good run, we're going to lining up at the track on saturday at sacramento. Its Grudge Night, I have a feelin he's gonna take me (based on the launch). But it should be close!

Where did you run him Dang.....I missed it.:nonono: I wish I was there just to watch you run.:beer:

BayareaSS

Established Member
Good runs.

I agree that the round 1 he should of pulled harder. I know that i won't even bother with a stock cobra. What size is his cam?

TrickStang37

Established Member
Where did you run him Dang.....I missed it.:nonono: I wish I was there just to watch you run.:beer:

it was done way down monterey heading south. a couple lights passed bailey. you wanna roll to sac on saturday? i heard a few people from here are probably goin.

TrickStang37

Established Member
Great runs man
next time vids vids please.

damn man tell him to buy something a little bigger with that cam I dont think
he can get 380whp with 4.10 maybe less too.

it's what Synergy Motorsports suggested to him and they're pretty popular in the LSx world. Im sure they know what they're doing.

Slowmofo

Wut?
Established Member
Sounds about right..

Good luck at the track, maybe he will break his glass jaw of a 10 bolt rear end and you will win by default!

10bolt+4.10's+M6+DRs+Traction= Boom, lol

THAITED

Established Member
it was done way down monterey heading south. a couple lights passed bailey. you wanna roll to sac on saturday? i heard a few people from here are probably goin.

I wish but Dyno day this Saturday at Jeff's so I can't go Thanks for the invitation though.:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread