99 Red Lightning 65k miles- Make Offer

bullitt4593

Established Member
Needs a little TLC....

The Good: body is in excellent condition, interior is near MINT, has a metal aftermarket cowl hood, snap on Tonneau cover, stock rims are painted black, has a Metco 8lb lower pulley, Accel COPS, throttle body spacer, C&L cold air plenum and filter kit, came with 2 good condition 18" good year drag radials, probably a few small other goodies here and there but thats about it. it is a 2 owner truck, i have the free and clear/clean title in hand. the previous owner bought it with 39k on it, he drove it until 65,XXX. it is now in my possession and i have not fixed it or registered it yet.

The Bad: lost compression in 1 cylinder. the guy i got it from said it started running rough so he pulled the plugs...first 2 on the D/S had the electrode part of the plug melted off, he did a comp check on all the cylinders and said they were all right around 165psi, the second one on the D/S was at around 95psi. the truck still runs but its got a rough idle and a skip to it. i think what happened is that it ran lean and the part of the plug that melted off got stuck in the valve seat AND/OR maybe it popped a piston? Has anyone had this happen to their truck? any other ideas? any ideas what the truck would be worth in this condition? Im debating on selling it AS IS... if there is any interest in buying it that way please let me know, Thanks for looking!

serious parties text me at 315-577-2174 for pics of the truck, thanks

bullitt4593

Established Member
I listed it as make an offer... I'd like to get $9,000 for it as it sits but if nobody is interested I'll tear it down, fix it and drive it next spring. I think i might work on pulling the head today

bullitt4593

Established Member
update

truck is getting reman PI heads with Comp stage 2 cams (pending) 60#injectors, 90mm MAF, Mafia, and looking for walbro fuel pump upgrade currently....after that it will be for sale again if there is any interest

Users who are viewing this thread