99 Mustang Theft System Help QUICK!

Cobra Was Here

I Miss My Cobra
Established Member
Ok my little brother lost his key fob and key (the one with the chip in it from ford) but has a spare key that will only unlock the doors, not the ignition. How can he disable his factory alarm system to where he can start his car with the replicated key?

Worsedog

Resident A**hole
Established Member
Unless the tuning software has a way around the pats, he's effed. Its usually a trip to the dealer to fix this. Thats why you should always have three ignition keys. If you have two you can buy a blank transponder key and have it cut cheap and "teach" the car the third key. It takes two keys to do it without Ford's diagnostic box. Hence the reason for three keys. If you lose one replace it right away.

wvmystichrome

Established Member
+1 from above. The Ford dealer lost one of the keys to my 2000 F-150 so I had to take it in and let them cut a new key and then reprogram the PATS system. It took about 45 minutes or so counting the key cutting and programming. Its about an $80.00 to $100.00 job per key.

CaMera_On

TingTangDingDang
Established Member
hey everybody

im the dumb one who lost the key. i know i could just call a for dealership to check on this but does anyone know if i have to take the car there to get a new key made?

1bad00

Established Member
if you got a tuner for the car u cant shut off the pats system and the car will start without the chiped key.

Users who are viewing this thread