99 Mustang gt not starting, need help with diagnosis

Darko

Burn-N-Out
Established Member
Hey guys. Been trying to figure out this issue for the past week. Two weeks ago my fuel pump went out. Replaced it and the car drove great for the weekend. Was heading to work the following Monday and the car sputtered and died in the middle of an intersection. Car was throwing a leak code. I dropped the fuel tank and replaced the fuel filler neck seal and the duel filter while I was down there. Codes gone but car still wont start.

Its turning over, there's pressure in the fuel lines, fuel pump is priming, checked all the fuses, checked the PAT's system, I've triple checked the fuel filter and pump, checked the crank sensor.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

VA-Mach1

Established Member
Inertia switch? Maybe disconnect the battery and retry. Wish I could help more.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
This was his update from his last thread, to catch everyone up to speed

Car still won't start. It's cranking, but won't fire up. Checked the fuses, pump works, IAC, coils, rear fuel cut out button, injectors, crank sensor. Running out of ideas of why it's not starting. Even tried my spare key in case it was the alarm system. Any ideas or other things to check? Much appreciated

Darko

Burn-N-Out
Established Member
Maybe a little far fetched but check the crank position sensor and see if it ohms out good also check the maf

I checked the maf its good. I checked the crank sensor, it looks ok. but ill give it a better inspection tomorrow. Ive checked so many things I forget to list them at the top

Users who are viewing this thread