99 LED instrument cluster bulbs

1999marg

Established Member
Well I was sitting around the kitchen waiting to begin another round of snow blowing when I started thinking about a small project to perform on my sleeping Cobra. Well the instrument lights have never really been bright and the color is a little flat (maybe the bulbs are just showing their age) so I started to search instrument cluster lighting upgrades.

I remember coming across a thread several months ago that compared several LED bulb types and discussed the best configuration offering better than stock dispersion and color. I tried searching the New Edge forum and Google but I was not having any luck. I found several "how-to" but they all had conflicting LED replacement part numbers??? I am hoping someone can help me out since I would rather not reinvent the wheel.

My wish list is simple I want the lights to remain dimmable. And a crisper Teal/Green or blue background would be nice. Have to go snowplow the driveway yet again! Thanks for the help.

MrBrain

Corner carver
Established Member
There is a thread about it here, blue leds. I bought these and it matches the Autometer C2 blue pretty good. Imo it looks nice, better than stock atleast.

Users who are viewing this thread