99 KB cobra Vs srt8 Challenger

RED99COBRA

Established Member
I was cruising around and had a new srt8 challenger turn onto my road about 3 cars in front of me. I could see that he was eyeing me in his side mirror so I made an attempt to get next to him but traffic wouldnt allow it. We came up to the next light and he was a car over and up from me. When the light turned green he floors it and lays down a respectable smoke cloud, which signaled to me that he was game. I made it through traffic and caught up to him and he pointed ahead to signal that it was on. He honked it out (i was going 15 or so) and I let him get the hit.
My car had quite a bit of tail wiggle but hooked surprisingly well for 60 degree temps and I took an immediate lead. I Shifted into 2nd and caught about 2.5 cars by the time I hit 3rd. I ran through third ( he is now down 4 or so cars) and ran it through the top of 4th. When I looked in the mirror it was obvious that he shut it down and was quite a ways back. I slowed down to give him his props on his car but he wouldnt get within 300 yards of me. I hardly ever am able to get anyone to run but it was fun to exercize the cobra against another muscle car.

Hissssss

Fox body lover
Established Member
Great kill, I bet he was real butt hurt when you trounced him so bad. Better go to the Mopar speed shop and get that Hemi sorted....lol

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
As soon as I read the thread title I thought this shouldn't even be close, I was right. Good kill.

RED99COBRA

Established Member
Thanks for the props guys. I never get the car out that much any more and hardly ever find anyone willing to stretch their legs (aside from every stock diesel truck in town who thinks they have a racecar).

jeffs

Established Member
I was always curious how an earlier cobra would run with a Kenne bell. Must be pretty well considering anything srt-8 has to run pretty well, Good kill!

RED99COBRA

Established Member
Yea the Kenne Bell was definately a great investment. Now I need to forge the bottom end and get a decent fuel system so I can turn up the boost.

Users who are viewing this thread